Rep of Ireland v England/England v Finland

andykeenan

Nations League

Rep of Ireland v England Sat 7 Sep 5pm

England v Finland Tues 10 Sep 7.45pm

Both on ITV 1

The Squad 

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Nick Pope(Newcastle United)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Levi Colwill(Chelsea), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa), Rico Lewis (Manchester City), Tino Livramento (Newcastle United), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Morgan Gibbs-White (Nottingham Forest), Angel Gomes (Lille), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Declan Rice (Arsenal)

Forwards: Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Noni Madueke (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

How the hell has Jack been recalled?

He's literally done nothing. 

Carsley being an ex Ireland player is planning to put Rice and Grealish in the starting line up so they get booed out of the ground 😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought it was Southgate that made me stop watching England, but now he’s gone I still don’t feel bothered about it. 

Carsley has got his work cut out in attracting lapsed fans back. Though I suspect a lot will be waiting for a permanent, more exciting appointment.

• Like 1

Feels light on an LB and a CM but otherwise I don't mind that squad. Has picked players he knows, dropped a couple of people out of form, got a chance to look at some new faces. Decent job. 

• Like 1

Maguire recalled for no apparent reason other than he plays for United, Grealish recalled having barely done anything this season for City and no natural left-back has been called up. Standard England.

From an Irish perspective this is not one to look forward to, Rogers could have had a a field day against our non existent central midfield (could be Smallbone and Knight/Molumby). We also have zero pace at wing back, Coleman and Doherty on the right with Robbie Brady and O'Dowda on the left. It is a sad state of affairs.

5 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

No recognized LB's but 6 wide players, 8 if you include Foden and Palmer as wide players instead of midfielders. Bit top heavy that.

Rico Lewis will play there I suspect but think Livramento has been that side in the past for Southampton and Newcastle.

It's clearly a problem position. A shame Rico Henry has missed the last year with ACL as think Carsley was at Brentford when he signed so think he'd have been in this squad if fit.

Overall can't complain with him freshening things up with Gibbs-White and Gomes in that midfield area although surprised Wharton drops out. Rogers should've been in but his time will come very soon with the progress he's making on a weekly basis.

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

From an Irish perspective this is not one to look forward to, Rogers could have had a a field day against our non existent central midfield (could be Smallbone and Knight/Molumby). We also have zero pace at wing back, Coleman and Doherty on the right with Robbie Brady and O'Dowda on the left. It is a sad state of affairs.

am very curious about our team, we probably will take a beating but the manager has spoke that he is more interested in the Greece/Finland game which I think is actually a sensible decision

Hoping he at least makes us solid

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

How the hell has Jack been recalled?

He's literally done nothing. 

New manager. Plus it will annoy Ireland. 

56 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Angel Gomes what type of player is he? 3 goals in 92 games is some stat for anyone other than a right back.

Apparently anywhere in the attacking side of midfield.

had never even heard of him.  Don't recall him from our games vs Lille. Weird call up given its not an area we're struggling for decent players in. Lack of a left back is utterly bizarre. And then you have the recall of Maguire.

He's doing nothing to suggest he should get the job full time.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â