Carabao Cup Third Round Draw

Ceemo

Posted (edited)

That's a sneaky backdoor way of seeding teams, who already entered a round late. It potentially favours us for once (this round at least, though to win it you'd want more rounds where the other best teams can be drawn against one another), but it's disgraceful.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

They should revamp this competition so that only teams that aren’t in Europe are in it. This would ease fixture congestion for teams in Europe, and more importantly would increase the chances of a different team winning silverware. This in turn would encourage teams to play stronger XIs. 

Just my thoughts anyway. 

Then Villa can never win it again!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

They should revamp this competition so that only teams that aren’t in Europe are in it. This would ease fixture congestion for teams in Europe, and more importantly would increase the chances of a different team winning silverware. This in turn would encourage teams to play stronger XIs. 

Just my thoughts anyway. 

Sounds a lot like the FA Trophy

I for one love the league cup. 

Draw tonight after Forest v Newcastle around 10.30pm SS3

• Bowl 1 - consisting of the six UCL and UEL Clubs
  • Bowl 2 - consisting of the remaining 26 Clubs

A pre-draw will take place prior to Nottingham Forest’s Round Two fixture against Newcastle United on Wednesday 28 August, live on Sky Sports, to determine the Home/Away positioning of the six Clubs in Bowl 1 for the first six ties of the main draw.

The first six ties will be drawn by alternating between one Club from Bowl 1 and one Club from Bowl 2, with the Home/Away positioning of the Club from Bowl 1 already pre-determined in the earlier draw

Ball numbers 

1 Arsenal

2 Aston Villa

3 Barnsley

4 Barrow

5 Blackpool

6 Bolton Wanderers

7 Brighton & Hove Albion

8 Chelsea

9 Coventry City

10 Crystal Palace

11 Everton

12 Fleetwood Town

13 Fulham

14 Leicester City

15 Leyton Orient

16 Liverpool

17 Manchester City

18 Manchester United

19 Preston North End

20 Queens Park Rangers

21 Sheffield Wednesday

22 Stoke City

23 Tottenham Hotspur

24 Walsall

25 Watford

26 AFC Wimbledon or Ipswich Town

27 Cardiff City or Southampton

28 Colchester United or Brentford

29 Nottingham Forest or Newcastle United

30 Swansea City or Wycombe Wanderers

31 West Ham United or AFC Bournemouth

32 Wolverhampton Wanderers or Burnley

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Surely we can manage to win two games against sides that finished below us last season and at least get to the quarter finals? Or will it be yet again a underwhelming defeat to a lower league side?

Is it "seeded" in the 4th round as well?!

Can't imagine we'll put much official emphasis on this so we need to win the first couple of games without trying then when we find ourselves in the Quarters we'll give it a go.

I'd love to win this trophy!

2 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Just my thoughts anyway. 

i've called for this for years. it would massively improve the competition and games would be better quality as the likes of bournemouth/palace/west ham would really go for it as they'd have a real chance of silverware and european football. you won't find many of the teams involved in europe complaining either.

problem is, good luck finding a sponsor for a competition that doesn't have any of the so called big teams in

55 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I believe so yes- correct me if I am wrong.

There's only one exclusive gameweek for each of the CL, EL, and ECL occurring during the same midweek as the League Cup Rd 3, so I can't see why it would affect Rd 4 (though that's not to say it definitely won't).

I have discovered that the only actual conditions required are that CL clubs can't face EL clubs, so it would be fine for two CL cubs to be drawn against each other in terms of the scheduling. But nah that would make the draw too complicated, so let's just seed them all.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i've called for this for years. it would massively improve the competition and games would be better quality as the likes of bournemouth/palace/west ham would really go for it as they'd have a real chance of silverware and european football. you won't find many of the teams involved in europe complaining either.

problem is, good luck finding a sponsor for a competition that doesn't have any of the so called big teams in

but... but.... but..... Birmingham would be. well, for one round at least.