wedge

I'd go with the same starting XI as yesterday and at West Ham with Kosta in for Cash if he's still not fit enough.

Carry on doing what you're doing boys, and the results will happen.

:flag:

Watching the Fulham-Leicester highlights their backline is very slow and comfortably got caught out for both goals being 30 yards up the pitch. Reminds me of when we started pushing the defence up in the early weeks under Unai and ironically it was Leicester at home who constantly played through us.

I would expect a comfortable 2-0 win as they were very lucky to get a point off Spurs.

Given what I've said above it's a good time to bring Maatsen in. Digne's been fine the first two but we'll be on the front foot far more in this game so the selection needs to reflect this.

Kons will handle Vardy comfortably you suspect so really it will be a case of Leicester putting as many players behind the ball as possible and trying to get a 0-0/1-1.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Watching the Fulham-Leicester highlights their backline is very slow and comfortably got caught out for both goals being 30 yards up the pitch. Reminds me of when we started pushing the defence up in the early weeks under Unai and ironically it was Leicester at home who constantly played through us.

I would expect a comfortable 2-0 win as they were very lucky to get a point off Spurs.

Given what I've said above it's a good time to bring Maatsen in. Digne's been fine the first two but we'll be on the front foot far more in this game so the selection needs to reflect this.

Kons will handle Vardy comfortably you suspect so really it will be a case of Leicester putting as many players behind the ball as possible and trying to get a 0-0/1-1.

Yes good game for Ollie to kick start his season and go into the international break on a high.

Think id still start digne and then start maatsen against everton at home.

Martinez

Nedeljkovic    Konsa        Torres            Digne

Mcginn           Onana       Tielemans      Ramsey

Rogers   Watkins

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Think id still start digne and then start maatsen against everton at home.

Martinez

Nedeljkovic    Konsa        Torres            Digne

Mcginn           Onana       Tielemans      Ramsey

Rogers   Watkins

Dunno, Bailey wide helps Rogers come central and find space. I'd probably play Bailey, I like Ned at RB as his pace will worry them. Maybe Maatsen at LB too but deffo Bailey...

Emi

Kosta Konsa Pau Maatsen

McGinn Onana Tielmanns Ramsey

Rogers

Ollie

Kosta needs to get up to speed and Leicester rarely attack down the wings.  They attack with speed.  Kosta has it.  McGinn in front of him to help cover.   Maatsen because we need to use the whole team.  Rogers and Ollie becuase they need to learn more and more how to connect and play and make each other dangerous.  Konsa, Pau, Onana, Tielmans becuase they are the spine and they too still need to gel better.

I’m surprised so many want to drop Bailey all the time. He hasn’t been great in the first couple of games but he’s a match winner and still hit the post v West Ham and stole the ball from Gabriel which led to that first Watkins chance against Arsenal. He’s also our only proper winger along with Philogene and we’ll play very narrow if we don’t start him. I also have him in FPL so be disappointed if he’s dropped. 

I’d be happy enough with Maatsen instead of Digne and Ned instead of Cash (although suspect it may be Carlos). I’d start Ramsey over McGinn if anyone but as he’s captain it’s unlikely. Problem with McGinn is he’s being shoehorned into the team because he’s the captain and happy to play anywhere but he’s not a wide midfielder. Be tempted to start Duran over the both of them and put Ollie wide left but it would be a left field move so don’t see it happening. 

We need to win this game either way as Leicester are going to struggle this season and we don’t want to drop points here. We are 1 point down on the same fixtures from last season and we won all of the next 4 games last season too so no pressure lads.

• Thanks 1

On 25/08/2024 at 19:48, foreveryoung said:

Just keep the old fart Vardy at bay, an it's 3 points.

What a vile creature he is, with a wife to compliment a creature too. 

I'm putting a little sum on Ollie to open his account. That miss the weekend as occupied my mind most of the week. Hopefully, he makes amends this weekend. 

PS. Don't stray off thread. 😉

• Like 1