• Nedeljković (Cash 16)
    • Ramsey (McGinn 64)
    • Durán (Watkins 64)
    • Barkley (Onana 76)
    • Maatsen (Digne 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/24 at 22:59

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Who voted the ref very poor?!

There were a couple of yellow cards I'd have liked to be given but in the context of the utter shite that's served up most weeks he was ok

I actually  gave him very good, which I don't often use. Like you say thought couple of yellows not given (Partey, Havertz), but generally thought he called it right and played advantage well on both sides

• Like 2

Have to take your big chances against the top teams or you get punished. Frustrating but not something to be too downbeat by. They have conceded 3 Goals's away in 2024 and should have conceded 2 more today. 

Important we bounce back next week.

• Like 2

A lesson in finishing. Needed a late goal against West Ham through not taking out chances. Lost today due to the same issue.

For me, Bailey has been alarmingly off it in both games. Think like at his best best last season, he's best as an impact sub. McGinn right and JJ left.

Rogers is a superstar in the making.

Very frustrating result, obviously we should have been ahead, twice over, whether we’d have gone on to win who knows but I don’t think we’d have lost, Watkins will be having nightmares tonight I’m sure.

I’m encouraged though, we did not look out of place in the sense that it was a tight game, I don’t think we played well but then we created far clearer opportunities than them and in the end they got lucky with the opening goal in the way that it was crafted.

Rogers was outstanding, his turn of pace and physicality is immense, plus a deft touch, he’s shaping up to be the perfect package. Bailey was very good, particularly in covering the back post defensively.

Disappointing result with the missed chances. Final ball in general was quite poor today though really. 

Still though, it was a very positive performance with loads to build on. We haven't completely dropped off, we're still far more than a match for one of the likely top 2 in the league this season. Good signs. 

To be obvious, missing those sitters cost Villa the game!

That being said I loved the way Villa tied Arsenal in knots by playing defensively in the first half.

Emery has finally learnt you can't play open high line football against teams like Arsenal. It's generally footballing suicide to do so.

Villa will play a lot worse this season and still win!

Rogers was simply magnificent. What a fantastic signing he's been.

Concerning the injury to Cash. It may be a blessing in disguise. Clearly Villa needed a quality RB but my worry was Villa would go with what they had.

Hopefully Villa will bring a quality RB in as a necessity now plus another winger that can play across the front 3.

Only criticism is Villa weren't clinical enough but that should come when Watkins gets up to speed.

Not long back. I thought we played okay and it certainly wasn't a game we deserved to lose 2-0 as I thought we more than matched them. Goals change games though and had Ollie scored the sitter,  or the second half header when we were well on top, then we are almost certainly getting at least a point from this. 

We were nowhere near at our best today though, and neither were Arsenal in fairness. We were often wasteful in possession and making some basic errors. I am not worried in the slightest though as I am 100% certain within a few more games we'll iron that out. Overall our shape was good. 

Morgan Rogers comfortably motm. The lads just glides and he is going to be some player.

Onto next week now where if we can hopefully take the 3 points then that will be a really good start and  I'd have certainly taken 6 points from 3 games before the season started. 

Did anyone else think the atmosphere was a bit flat for the first half or so?

I know they didn’t give us much to shout about but even before KO it was a bit subdued…

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â