• Nedeljković (Cash 16)
    • Ramsey (McGinn 64)
    • Durán (Watkins 64)
    • Barkley (Onana 76)
    • Maatsen (Digne 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/24 at 22:59

This is clearly a top 4 side. Nothing wrong with having bad days at the office. Especially when arguably our best player is well out of form. As good as Kosta was against Martinelli, we definitely need Geertruida. Cash’s hammy is going to give him problems all season.

• Like 2

We take our chances, we win that. 

We didn't and they did and won.

On balance, I'd say we looked the more dangerous side but unfortunately Ollie and Bailey look very rusty. 

I wouldn't have taken McGinn off, he was playing well and it did seem to affect us.

We are a bloody good side though, they will see that as a massive scalp and the season is still early.

UTV 💜🩵

Did everything you need for a result. But missed two gilt edged chances. A result on Ollie, which is horrible. But he'll be feeling that too. 

First thing to say is well done Arsenal. You deserve to win if you take your chances even if you are not the better side and that is exactly what happened.

Villa competed well in this match and are set up for another good season, but some of the decision making and finishing was **** dreadful.

Watkins poor again. Yes, we all know he hasn't had a preseason, but playing him at the moment is costing us and yes I know he needs minutes.

Very very disappointing match because it could and should have been completely different. Oh well.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I thought Arsenal were decent to be honest. We setup well - as they did - and the game was, for the most part, a bit of a chess match.

We missed our chances, they scored theirs. I’d say Arsenal were the better side but also that 2-0 flattered them.

We saw two sides who will be fighting at the very top end of the table this evening. 

They were okay, I thought we edged it overall but goals win games. They didn't really create much before they scored and thats when it opened up, they are a very good side but they need to go up a few levels to challenge Man City.

Very good game of football.

One of those games where the result goes the way of the team that didn't blow their chances. Sorry Ollie, but I think you might have to spend a little extra time at Bodymoor Heath...

I'm not discouraged at all from that. We look like a solid team. We grew into the game a little too late and wasted momentum in the majority of the first half, but second half we were well on top for the majority of the half.

Good thing is that we have an easy run on paper coming up to crank the machine and clear away the rust.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Poor after the goal, really poor at the start, Rogers took us by the scruff of the neck, fine margins Vs a very good team, going to be lots of disappointment and Ollie's getting a lot of stick 

The two Ollie misses, the JJ chance with his bad touch, the Konsa across the goal volley

Decent game overall though, 2nd best team in the league, I thought we actually did more over 90 mins than we did in both games last year yet we won both those games, funny old game 

Don't think we were especially poor at the start but after the goal, we'd made the changes and it took the wind out of our sails. 

For the most part we were really good today, bodes well for the season. Ollie hasn't got the minutes in his legs yet like he rest of them, and you could argue the same for Emi. We did enough to win that and that should be enough to be satisfied with that performance today. It means we can compete with the very best teams in this league and I reckon we will only get better.

Never fun to lose but very positive signs and I for one am keeping the faith and am pleased with how good we are already, the best is yet to come.

Just not our day, and to be fair we cost Arsenal the title last season (in their eyes at least), they would always want revenge for that.

We looked really good and Rogers was unplayable at times. It's going to be a big season.

UTV

Just now, srsmithusa said:

Ned did great.  Not perfect.  He'll be perfect after his next birthday.  (15th?)  😀

he did well, but if Cash has his text book 3 months out with injury this season, i don't really think Kosta or Konsa at right back is the best outlook, especially if that latter means Carlos at CB.

still want us to get, Geertruda

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â