• Nedeljković (Cash 16)
    • Ramsey (McGinn 64)
    • Durán (Watkins 64)
    • Barkley (Onana 76)
    • Maatsen (Digne 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/24 at 22:59

Poor after the goal, really poor at the start, Rogers took us by the scruff of the neck, fine margins Vs a very good team, going to be lots of disappointment and Ollie's getting a lot of stick 

The two Ollie misses, the JJ chance with his bad touch, the Konsa across the goal volley

Decent game overall though, 2nd best team in the league, I thought we actually did more over 90 mins than we did in both games last year yet we won both those games, funny old game 

• Like 1

Bad result against a top team. We were very unlucky and Ollie missed 2 sitters. We move on.

Got to beat Leicester who we are far better than. And we have a good run of games until November now. 

A decent performance which bodes well for the season ahead. We are still incorporating new players into the team but the slick play and awareness looks to be there already. Shame for Watkins missing those two golden chances, could have been a different outcome. 

The fine margins at the VERY top.

We are a very good side, but we simply aren't at THAT level yet.

I also think we still need " something " despite how good we are.

Something unpredictable like Rogers but in the lock pick sense.

Aside from this, if a firing Ollie turned up today we win or draw at worst.

I was hoping for a draw, but don't think there is shame in losing to Arsenal.

• Like 2

The only thing that Neville said today that I agree with is “Saka is so consistent”. 

Couldn't agree more. He is consistently the worst cheat since Kane left the league. And refs lap it up because he’s an England golden boy. 

• Like 3

Didn’t deserve to lose BUT you cannot miss chances like that at 0.0 and expect a team like arsenal not to punish you. I don’t often single players out but Watkins is solely at fault for why we’ve come away with no points here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

If we play like that all season we will get top 4, if Arsenal play like that all season they won't win the league. We will be fine. 

I thought Arsenal were decent to be honest. We setup well - as they did - and the game was, for the most part, a bit of a chess match.

We missed our chances, they scored theirs. I’d say Arsenal were the better side but also that 2-0 flattered them.

We saw two sides who will be fighting at the very top end of the table this evening. 

• Like 2

Cruel result and scoreline but proud of our lads.  

Bit of rust to work off, we will be impressive once we do.

We will keep going and fighting, we are a top side. 

UTV 🟣🔵

Just now, srsmithusa said:

Sorry, but anybody that didn't put Rogers as MOTM didn't watch or isn't serious.

The only other one id say deserves a shout is Ned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KangarooVillan said:

Duran to start ahead of Watkins?

nothing against Watkins, just seems undercooked which is fair enough.

That not going to happen. A fit Watkins starts every Premier League game.

• Like 1

Small margins kind of game. 9 times out of 10 one of those Watkins chances would've been a goal and then it's a different game. then Rogers inadvertent tackle-assist was a big stroke of luck, couldn't have fallen kinder for Trossard. Would've expected Emi to save the 2nd, but it happens.

Quite a few positives still. Konsa was strong, Rogers driving forward brilliantly at times, Kosta did well for a tough debut. Lost today but we don't look out of place against one of the 2 main title favourites.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â