• Nedeljković (Cash 16)
    • Ramsey (McGinn 64)
    • Durán (Watkins 64)
    • Barkley (Onana 76)
    • Maatsen (Digne 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/08/24 at 22:59

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are doing seriously well.....Some of our stuff on Saturday, was top drawer.

I am merely pointing out things that I see, to position us as title contenders.....I know we are a couple of seasons away from that, but unlike some teams, I think our people will push us to do it.

My observations are not meant to be criticisms, that would be ungrateful for what is essentially and potentially one of the best teams in the last 25-30 years.

The potential of this team, is incredible, but that should not stop grow-ups from pointing out how we can improve.

PS I think Gertruida ( fingers crossed) will make a significant improvement, and ally some of my critique.

pps after finishing 4th and a semi final of a European competition, it would be folly to throw anyone of our players under the bus, but that is entirely different to constructive critique.

I feel the same way but I have a feeling that Emery will be more mercenary in his approach (think we saw that with Doug). I suspect Smith never had enough of that in his make up and for me all the best managers, the very best, do. Some of the worst managers have it but little else......SG 

Don't get me wrong I don't think any of our players are bad. They have top 4 capabilities as we have seen. Top of the league or win something.......not all of them have it despite giving 100%, which is in itself a massive step towards our goal, Emery's goal, but if you give everything and it's not quite good enough then you can't expect to beat the very best unless they are off their game. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

I feel the same way but I have a feeling that Emery will be more mercenary in his approach (think we saw that with Doug). I suspect Smith never had enough of that in his make up and for me all the best managers, the very best, do.

Don't get me wrong I don't think any of our players are bad. They have top 4 capabilities as we have seen. Top of the league or win something.......not all of them have it despite giving 100%, which is in itself a massive step towards our goal, Emery's goal, but if you give everything and it's not quite good enough then you can't expect to beat the very best unless they are off their game. 

Some of us say things on here, with the best of intentions, I do.

But make no mistake, Unai operates in a stealthy way....never holding back from making potentially unpopular decisions. He will not allow emotion to cloud his judgment.

He will never openly criticise players, and I agree with that, but that does not mean he is not plotting for improvement all the time.

We could say things about players, which wouldn't be popular, or would attract criticism, it's a forum.....He will just do it, in his pursuit of progress.

I feel very little emotional attachment, will stand in Unai's way, very must like the other top managers.

• Like 1

Very pleased with this match. Another day we go two ahead and see it out 

Competitive with the best. Only major disappointment is zero points, stings but could have been worse.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â