Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Just now, Jas10 said:

They’re so sickening, the lot of em.

We'd be the same. They're cheering because they've won. We gave them the same when we won 2-0 despite being the worse team end of last season

What a massive disappointment. If they are better than us, its not by much. We gifted this to them and that is unacceptable if we consider them direct rivals.

• Like 1

Eh, sloppiness and general rust has killed us this game, but I think that overall we've been pretty decent. Not too discouraged by this performance. It's against a very good team and I think we've had our moments. Bring on the next teams on our schedule! We have a pretty good (on paper) run coming up that should do us a world of good.

• Like 3

Just now, maqroll said:

What a massive disappointment. If they are better than us, its not by much. We gifted this to them and that is unacceptable if we consider them direct rivals.

Using words like "unacceptable" after a good erformance against a top team just removed the credibility of the post to me. We've played alright, we should've scored 2, Our talisman is off of it a bit, another day we draw this and that would be a fair result.

Similarly, a draw would've been a fair result when we beat this same team 2-0 last season. Shoe was on the other foot then though.

But there's nothing unacceptable about this performance.

• Like 1

Just now, ozvillafan said:

To win these games, you gotta take your chances.

An "on song" Watkns and we win this. Shame

Yep. Plenty of people will view this as a terrible day. And there are plenty of things not to be happy about but overall this is a game we should be winning and I take solace in the fact that we can say we should be winning games against a title contender like Arsenal who have a better, deeper team on paper.

Just now, pregra said:

Barkley is a waste of space. Terrible here on loan, looks exactly the same now.

he's been decent enough since he came on?

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Before they scored their first, I was just writing that whatever happens in this game, we're back. We've shown we're a top side again this season.

I still think we've shown we are a top side.

We just aren't at the Title Contender level yet, unfortunately.

Arsenal have been building this for year on year and look strong.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, osmark86 said:

good to try there Barkley

Just now, pregra said:

Barkley is a waste of space. Terrible here on loan, looks exactly the same now.

Never change, VT :crylaugh:

• Haha 2