Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Just now, TheAuthority said:

They took 2 chances. Ollie missed an open goal and the header was too close to the keeper.

We’ve looked great for the most part and we’re going to have a great season

Get out with your sensible nonsense 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, srsmithusa said:

Arenholes second goal 2as not Ollie's fault.   It was completely on Emi  (I know, it's heresy, but it's truth)

Many people have pointed out that Emi should have saved that. No one has put the blame on that for Ollie ;)

But had it not been for Ollie it probably would be 2-2 and a point instead of 0-2 and 0 points. That is on Ollie.

He'll get better though, I have no doubt.

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Watkins has no match fitness, should he be starting? That's a question for the management team, it's not on Watkins.

Watkins has always been prone to having games like this when he can't take a good touch and finishes poorly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Watkins has no match fitness, should he be starting? That's a question for the management team, it's not on Watkins.

I mean, have you seen how useless Duran has been out of possession since he's been on?  He can score wondergoals, but does nothing else for the team when he's on the pitch.

Passive and slightly naive team defending on that, punctuated by a weak effort from Dibu. Not a good showing when down a goal on 80 minutes. 

The two spurned chances by Ollie are looking absolutely suicidal. 

The score should be 2-0 to us. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Different game if Watkins takes those chances. Oh well not the end of the world 

FWIW, I reckon VAR rules out the first for a foul (depending on what the “high bar” is this season); obviously should do better with the header but it’s a good save.

Arsenal are a really good team. 

Done really well today, made enough chances to win it in a very tight, intense and technical game played at a very very high level. If we don't get it back to a draw then I certainly won't be panicking. We are competing with the best and if Ollie had been sharper (not had a pre-season) we'd have been two up before they scored.

• Like 2