Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

1 minute ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

I know it's ironic because I am from London but Rice has the most cockney face ever and it infuriates me for some reason. You look at the man and can immediately tell he's West 'Aaaam.

I always thought he had that Dickensian caricature look about him.

Terribly overrated imo.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Watkins needs a much thinner shirt so that all this grabbing makes it tear. They are committed to destroying his rhythm.

That's actually a very good idea.

• Like 1

Amazing show of faith from Unai in Ned. The easier decision to make is Carlos on and Konsa to right back. But clearly Ned has done enough in training for him to slot in at RB. 

And he’s been really solid so far. 

• Like 1

Ned doing a great job. Has Martinelli for pace. Just needs to play a bit safer with the passing.

Rogers fantastic, but we need Bailey or Watkins to step up in attack.

They first half was weird. 

we didn’t do anything, Arse didn’t do anything either and they had the ball for most of it. 

2nd half we could absolutely turn on and take this game with ease 

player of the half… Bailey 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Good thing is we’re still level. Emery will have plans for this second half, we’ve got quality to bring on and change the game. I’d take a draw but would never bet against this side to win. 

Just now, Herman22 said:

Amazing show of faith from Unai in Ned. The easier decision to make is Carlos on and Konsa to right back. But clearly Ned has done enough in training for him to slot in at RB. 

And he’s been really solid so far. 

Think this is also a big indicator that Carlos unlikely to be here after the end of this window. Ned is going to be the option when we want a different option at RB and Konsa will remain at CB. 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

They first half was weird. 

we didn’t do anything, Arse didn’t do anything either and they had the ball for most of it. 

2nd half we could absolutely turn on and take this game with ease 

Feels like we were waiting around for the counter. Then it started opening up later in the half

• Like 1