Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Just now, Bazmonkey said:

Plus 

Rogers

Negative 

Everything else

Need to be better 

You know we are playing the team that would have won the league if not for the cheaters.

This was never gonna be a walk over?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Sick of these boring, cheating sods now. Rogers hattrick in the second half please 

Timber could bring a knife into the pitch and the ref’ would wave it away. 

• Haha 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

You know we are playing the team that would have won the league if not for the Villa.

Fixed ;)

Just now, srsmithusa said:

i think everyone is doing fine.  No changes at half for me.  

Yeah I wouldn't change anything either. At least not just yet.

However, that being said, I don't think that Unai is happy with how we handle the game in possession. We have been clueless and I hope that he settles us during half time. We look like our heads have been lost.

Arsenal are definitely wary of the Villa threat, I can see it opening up a bit more second half. Even first half but the Arsenal press has dropped off in energy a lot. 

Very tentative from both sides and stop start, but we should be winning. Rogers superb, otherwise Watkins way off it again and an abysmal miss. Playing as though he's afraid of Duran, in a similar way to how he did when Ings was hanging around. Obviously, just needs minutes, but that could be limiting us. 

Cagey but I really enjoyed that. Says a lot about how good we now are that the teams largely cancelled each other out. 

Almost everyone playing well. Rogers is an absolute joke with the ball at his feet. Kosta has looked really good. Only real negative is that Watkins is having a bit of a stinker, although Saliba has been awesome so he won’t have many tougher games. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

You know we are playing the team that would have won the league if not for the cheaters.

This was never gonna be a walk over?

Four or five instances of us being an inch of sloppiness away from a perfect move Vs the best CB pairing in the league 

It's there, we just need either a bit of luck or just that small bit perfectly better 

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

I will 100% take a 0-0

0-0 would be great if we can’t win instead. You can’t go hoping for a 0-0 draw half way through the game. That’s small club mentality. Be less McLeish! 

We’ve defended well. A draw is fair but you simply shouldn’t be drawing a match with the chance Watkins had. If we don’t at least draw this game, point to that moment. A real shame.