Match Thread: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Just now, Keyblade said:

Our midfield is anonymous. Onana isn't dictating play nor is he screening the back 4. We really need Kamara back asap to partner one of these 2.

They've literally had one real chance from open play. Idk what your issue is defensively. 

I agree we've been very poor in possession but those further ahead have hardly been providing options. 

Disappointing that’s the same old thing with regards to possession and passing etc despite us being the home side. There has to come a point where this tips in our favour instead, especially when at home. 

Not saying we are playing badly, but wish we had more control. 

Just now, Troglodyte said:

I rated Diaby (he was just lacking confidence towards the end of his spell with us) but Rogers honestly looks twice the player. 

I think we'll miss Diaby's speed this season.

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We could do with maybe bringing Barkley in for Tielemans, it's not his day and this is why Douglas Luiz will be missed when it comes to getting out passing game going.

Why I think we could do with Lo Celso as I'm not sure how good Barkley will be vs their athleticism. 

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

We could do with maybe bringing Barkley in for Tielemans, it's not his day and this is why Douglas Luiz will be missed when it comes to getting out passing game going.

Crazy. Tielemans is a fantastic passer of the ball and a far better player than Barkley.

• Like 4

Just now, MotoMkali said:

They've literally had one real chance from open play. Idk what your issue is defensively. 

I agree we've been very poor in possession but those further ahead have hardly been providing options. 

Every break they've had Onana has been up there with Rogers and McGinn. Tielemans I don't even expect much from defensively anyway, even if he's in position there's not much he could do to be fair.