Weekends Football 23/25 Aug

andykeenan

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Can't really judge Ipswich until they play some teams on their level. Fulham at home next weekend so their season starts there.

Ipswich are the wild card, and it's rare you have a promoted side where the manager might be the defining factor, but I just can't see them being good enough. It's a great story and they've got talent and ability, but back to back promotions and a survival plus big squad overhaul... I think they'll get 18th.

Just now, Chindie said:

Ipswich are the wild card, and it's rare you have a promoted side where the manager might be the defining factor, but I just can't see them being good enough. It's a great story and they've got talent and ability, but back to back promotions and a survival plus big squad overhaul... I think they'll get 18th.

They don't have enough quality

There will be many games where they will just lose due to a lack of quality

They are very reminiscent of Luton

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not many teams on their level tbf

You're generally are going to need a few surprise results to stay up

Fulham, Forest, Everton, Bournemouth, the other two they've come up with, Wolves, Palace, Brighton if they have a poor day (they lost 4-0 at Luton last season). Those are the teams Ipswich need to be taking points off at home and in the odd away game.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Fulham, Forest, Everton, Bournemouth, the other two they've come up with, Wolves, Palace, Brighton if they have a poor day (they lost 4-0 at Luton last season). Those are the teams Ipswich need to be taking points off at home and in the odd away game.

All those teams have superior squads to them except for possibly Everton

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Wolves sold two of there best players and about sell goalkeeper

Just now, Pinebro said:

All those squads will get injuries so it's a case of playing them at the right time, Palace were actually the first team Luton beat last season for example.

The key for any promoted club is to have decent home form. Stoke did that for years under Pulis and Forest won 9 games I think in 22/23 to stay up so do that and you don't need that many away points and sometimes just one away win can be enough.

I'll reserve judgement on Ipswich for another 4-5 games.

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

But just think about how depressing it is knowing that's what you get every week.  

Oh I agree. Although as someone who wants them go down, it's also depressing knowing that they'll always stay up no matter how shit they are.

Prove me wrong Everton.

19 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Oh I agree. Although as someone who wants them go down, it's also depressing knowing that they'll always stay up no matter how shit they are.

Prove me wrong Everton.

Might be their turn this year after all. They did overspend on a stapler.

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Needs an investigation why that Ipswich pen wasn't given tbh. 

Promoted clubs have no chance in the Premier leagues as it is nevermind vs 12 men. 

😶

• Shocked 2

1 minute ago, Guardian_Angel_M said:

Palace looking bang average, that last season's form was based on other teams exhaustion

funny enough people thought they had a better window than us and showed more ambition

was an end of season new manager bounce

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â