Weekends Football 23/25 Aug

andykeenan

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Gary Neville has this United side finishing third. Even with his own biasedness surely that prediction is an advert to not take recreational drugs.

With Chelsea 4th wasn't it?

Man's watching football on a piece of paper rather than with his eyes 

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Gary Neville has this United side finishing third. Even with his own biasedness surely that prediction is an advert to not take recreational drugs.

I mean, more than a few jokers on here were predicting that 'Utd wOulD bE BetTer tHIs YeAr' because you know, Man united...

2 minutes ago, sne said:

High standards. He scored 95 goals in 150 PL games for them and another 36 in the CL. Career total of 331 goals and 76 assists in 523 games all clubs and competitions + 35 in 70 for the Netherlands. 

Which only resulted in 1 PL title

They won 3 on the trot after he left and got replaced

Prime example that being a goal scorer isn't always everything. Replacing him made them more dynamic and more succesful

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

With Chelsea 4th wasn't it?

Man's watching football on a piece of paper rather than with his eyes 

Indeed. A manager with one season in charge of a club in Leicester, then jumps ship to take charge at a basket case of a club and Neville, who bangs on the drum of experience at the big clubs knocking one out over Maresca.

Edited by stewiek2

Just now, Pinebro said:

Which only resulted in 1 PL title

They won 3 on the trot after he left and got replaced

Prime example that being a goal scorer isn't always everything. Replacing him made them more dynamic and more succesful

Madrid won the league and cup double twice in a row when he signed thou. I'd say he did his part well for both those clubs but different standards I guess.

Just now, sne said:

Madrid won the league and cup double twice in a row when he signed thou. I'd say he did his part well for both those clubs but different standards I guess.

So all those numbers and only 2 major league titles to show for it?

Obviously he was a top player but I'd still say he was overrated

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

So all those numbers and only 2 major league titles to show for it?

Obviously he was a top player but I'd still say he was overrated

You could say the same about Shearer. Top numbers yet one trophy/title to his name.

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

You could say the same about Shearer. Top numbers yet one trophy/title to his name.

Shearer played at Newcastle for the majority of his career

Compare Nistelrooy to someone like Cantona and let's talk about making an impact

Just now, Pinebro said:

Brighton showing they are not in the contention this season

I'm not sure anyone but the most optimistic Brighton fan has hopes of anything more that a top ten finish.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â