Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Pop it in a letter and send it to Unai then in case he’s interested

I faxed it half hour ago….get with modern times mate 😂

• Haha 1

He’s been shit for years , even Emery couldn’t polish this one 

Of we are as skint as the rumours have us believe and we buy him and not a defender we are bonkers 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Is that true though? Wages are often split or covered by both parties. There’s simply no way Chelsea absorb all of his wages. 

There’s really no need to be condescending to others when you don’t know as much as you like to claim you do 

Chelsea have shot themselves in the foot with announcing these players aren’t needed. If they can’t shift them, they’ll be paying all their wages anyway.

Just now, Indigo said:

"In Unai I trust.. 

...unless I don't like the player."

But it’s ok to have an opinion on a player as well when it’s just speculation 

• Like 2

Just now, duke313 said:

Chelsea have shot themselves in the foot with announcing these players aren’t needed. If they can’t shift them, they’ll be paying all their wages anyway.

How very much unlike them as such a well run club

Not keen on this one, if he signs I’ll support it, but meh. 

However if there’s a manager who can mould a player then it’s our manager, so guess that’s the silver lining. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t get why some people are missing this very obvious point 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Agreed! To be honest as much as Emery obviously knows more than any of us about football my point is more against saying that in the first place, as if we as individual fans can't question any signing assuming Emery approved it. It's just you get into a slippery slope when that's your stance only for Villa to then (apparently) be interested in a player you don't like.

54 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Turning your nose up at Sterling is wild, he's been one of Englands and the leagues best players for the past decade, a couple years at the mad house that is Chelsea doesn't suddenly make him a bad player, if we can get him without blowing our wage structure it would be a no brainer

There's a reason why a cheating but we'll run club and are successful chose to sell him and a madhouse chose to buy him.

If we sign him it will be on our terms  - we’re no pushovers nowadays. Don’t have much of an opinion either way on signing him. We have a manger whose track record with working with players to improve them is unbridled, Emery is no one’s fool and if he decides he wants Sterling than i’m not sure why anyone would be against it … 

Just now, colhint said:

There's a reason why a cheating but we'll run club and are successful chose to sell him and a madhouse chose to buy him.

City sell loads of players, Pep just one day decides you’re out. He shipped Cancelo out, arguably one of the best full back in the league at the time.

Bottom line: This would be a signing of opportunity meant for beefing up our squad short-term.

All depends on the deets.

Might work as part of a class of players I've sometimes said would be a good fit for Villa during this first-CL year: Experienced, older players on short-term or bargain arrangements who have been discounted by their home clubs (often unwisely).

I'm not in the "In Unai I trust" camp because, well, I feel always that's sort of implicit, but I can certainly see how he might work nicely.

When I've seen him play in the last year, I've been consistently impressed and always said so. He's still fast and creative. Not super amused by those who make fun of the way he runs, and just written them off as morons.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â