Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:
13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He's on £325k pw though 

We wouldn’t be paying that. 

Can’t imagine we’d be able to pay 50% either so I’m not sure it works

2 minutes ago, useless said:

The dope is that Duran might be going to Chelsea, so maybe that will help with the finances, and we're also bringing in Omorodion as direct Duran replacement, Sterling would be more of a Diaby replacement and of course Iling Junior might be going out on loan too

Duran is not going to Chelsea.

We're not (or shouldn't be) signing Omorodion.

Sterling is nothing like Diaby.

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We. Pay. Chelsea. A. Loan. Fee 

We pay no wages directly of any player who has ever been on Loan. We pay a fee to the club who loan the player to us. 

So there is no wage structure. He's paid by his club. We rent him 

Is that true though? Wages are often split or covered by both parties. There’s simply no way Chelsea absorb all of his wages. 

There’s really no need to be condescending to others when you don’t know as much as you like to claim you do 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

So for arguments sake let’s say they do play the same position, that’s it.  They play completely different in that position, not even close.  I’d argue one suits Emery system and one doesn’t.

Pop it in a letter and send it to Unai then in case he’s interested

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s better than JJ for a start. By a **** mile

In 2019 maybe. He doesn't have it anymore

Only spot I can see for him is the Diaby role, which I think he can do. Can even argue he's as good as he was for us last year. But on the left? No chance

10 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I guess the thinking could be to have a replacement for Diaby, a fast direct runner, that's what Sterling does. I dont want him though 🙂 

He's just temporary as a loan. Next summer we have the same problem of trying replacing Diaby again, except it's even harder as we have spent money on this Sterling loan in the meantime meaning we have even less to spend on the Diaby replacement?

Or am I wrong somehow?

It's interesting how people / fans extol all possible virtues of Emery, Vidagany and Monchi, and then when a transfer rumour they don't like occurs, immediately wish the transfer doesn't happen.

I'm not saying it's wrong to do that, but if they've earned your trust, why do they suddenly lose it when it's something you personally don't like? 

If they want Sterling, or to sell Watkins or to bring Kevin Davies out of retirement, have they not earned your trust that they're doing right by Villa?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

So potentially we are signing someone that can play LW so Rogers can play the number 10  / 2nd striker role alongside Watkins.

Then we have Ramsey as well that can probably play either position.

I did have this thought 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

The dope is that Duran might be going to Chelsea, so maybe that will help with the finances, and we're also bringing in Omorodion as direct Duran replacement, Sterling would be more of a Diaby replacement and of course Iling Junior might be going out on loan too

I’ve already said this on this thread…..copycat 😉 get your own theories 😂

Just now, Stevo985 said:

JJ or Sterling?

Sterling. Guy looks like a shadow of the player he was. 2021 was his last hurrah at that level. Even the current hobbled JJ is better at this level now.

• Like 1

Ramsey isn't just rated by Villa fans, he was by far the best player in the England U21 group he was a part of, and that included the likes of Gordon, GIbb-White, Curtis Jones, and others, reliable journalists have said he has interest from the likes of Spurs, Newcastle, Bayern Munich and Liverpool, he's played very well for us, if you look past last season where he struggled owing to injury issues, if it wasn't for that injury he would have been capped by England by now, he's a top young player, it's not just Villa fans rating him because he came through our academy, if he was to become available I bet more top clubs would be interested in him than Sterling, and I'm not even saying Sterling is a bad player

Also if we signed Sterling it probably would have no effect on Ramsey anyway, if Ramsey is selected to play on the left he would have a different role, to what Sterling would have if he was selected play there, so the situation would dictate who plays rather than who is the better, besides I suspect Sterling would play more as a second striker

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

It's interesting how people / fans extol all possible virtues of Emery, Vidagany and Monchi, and then when a transfer rumour they don't like occurs, immediately wish the transfer doesn't happen.

I'm not saying it's wrong to do that, but if they've earned your trust, why do they suddenly lose it when it's something you personally don't like? 

If they want Sterling, or to sell Watkins or to bring Kevin Davies out of retirement, have they not earned your trust that they're doing right by Villa?

I don’t think it’s a question of that. So far the rumour is absolutely speculative and people are rightly questioning it. So far there’s evidence that Unai is interested. It’s just a vague Times article. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Sterling. Guy looks like a shadow of the player he was. 2021 was his last hurrah at that level. Even the current hobbled JJ is better at this level now.

The fact is  he’s not hobbled though is he. He looks like he’s coming back to the boil very nicely JJ over that prick every day of the week.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â