Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If the financials are right this would be an exceptional signing 

Maybe 2-3 years ago. Ultimately his peak was 2021 with a good tournament for England and still a regular for Man. City. Now he's declined.

However we are CL and having Bailey AND Sterling as the two options for the right hand side is befitting of the level we're now at. Then you have JPB around getting his minutes so pretty good depth.

Just now, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

We're in Birmingham and they are in London. Simples.

We might as well fold up as a club then. If we can't convince now and get over the birmingham hump we never will.

• Like 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

We might as well fold up as a club then. If we can't convince now and get over the birmingham hump we never will.

That's ok. There's plenty of high quality players that have bought into the Villa/ Unai dream - those are players we want. Chelsea can have all the mercenaries.

Watkins Rogers Duran Ramsey Bailey Philogene Buendia Barkley Tielemans. We have ample attacking options. We don't disrupt a well organised team to get this overpaid inconsistent guy in. 

• Like 1

We won't be signing him permanently, would be just a year's loan to cover area of the squad where we don't have that much experienced backup. In a way it would be similar to bringing Lenglet in. Not a first choice and won't play straight away but will get plenty of gametime once Winter hits.

Next summer he'll be 31 so no way you can just hand someone a four year deal given the wages he's on, it would literally be Coutinho repeated but 12 months when we could easily be playing 50 + high intensity games in various competitions and I can see the logic.

100% yes for me. 

But I wouldn’t be giving a fee. We might take the hit of his wages but that’s about all I’d be offering. Chelsea are basket case. 

31 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Ok - but what's your opinion on the player and how he fits our system? 

We were clearly looking for a player of this type in the pursuit of Felix, so I’d say there’s room for him

• Like 1

Really on the fence with this one but is it not the most Unai thing to do but take a player that's seen as declining and completely rejuvenate them

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â