Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Is he an upgrade on Diaby centrally? Not from what I saw last season anyway 

I would judge no Chelsea player on anything from last two seasons. It's a basket case club. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

Just now, CVByrne said:

Cost us nothing to enquire. Hey how desperate are you to get some of his cost off your books? We'll pay half his wages if you're up for that. 

But we already declined to pursue Sterling financial reasons based on a different journalist one day ago. Going to “open negotiations” now makes zero sense. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Cost us nothing to enquire. Hey how desperate are you to get some of his cost off your books? We'll pay half his wages if you're up for that. 

At 50% thats £162.5k per week….as you’ve noted in other posts that we need to reduce cost, that a top earner for us.

Just now, The_Steve said:

But we already declined to pursue Sterling financial reasons based on a different journalist one day ago. Going to “open negotiations” now makes zero sense. 

You mean that Chelsea podcaster?

I don’t think there’s any truth in it. At least I hope not, I don’t think he’s a good fit for this team right now. Maybe three or four years ago, but his best is behind him .

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If the financials are right this would be an exceptional signing 

I agree, he’s a good player that would improve our squad… but I can’t see any scenario where the money isn’t ludicrously high. You never know,  but I doubt he’ll take a pay cut so, the best would likely be a loan with Chelsea paying 50% of his wage (which is £325k per week)… but even that seems a very high outlay.

Chelsea have certain journalists who do their PR for them, Romano is one, Matt Law is another, last time I said something like that it got called a conspiracy, but it's not unusual, lots of clubs do it including ourselves, it's how Romano gets a lot of his stories, he does clubs/agents a favor, they do him one back by giving him an exclusive, which is why I was very sceptical about the links to Gallagher,  as was mostly him and Matt Law pushing it, as much as I would have liked to have signed him at the time, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an element of truth to the Sterling story, but it's maybe more about Chelsea trying to generate more interest in him - not saying it isn't true, just that thats what this could be

• Like 2

What happened to all this we must get Felix because Emery wants him, well presumably he wants Sterling too, if there's any truth to the rumour; is he even that bad, or just one of those players it's become fashionable to criticize, his stats at least look decent enough, if he was called Ramon Servin, some who seem to want us to sign anyone with a South American sounding name would be lapping the link up

What happened to this guy? Great striker of the ball, can play on both wings and centrally.

I'm only used to seeing the Southgate version of Sterling for England.

Does he improve the 24/25 squad = YES

Therefore if the all-in loan price is low enough, we'd take him. Chelsea have a lot of timber to shift - they must be getting desperate. There's a desperte price we can afford that they may accept. No reason to not enquire.

I dont think our boys are dumb enough to do a permanent signing here... Cheeky loan is fine.

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983

My first instinct was no as he's really on the decline now.

However we haven't replaced Diaby and so if Bailey gets a few knocks like last season....

Open minded on this one. McGinn could play out wide for some games but you don't want him playing there for long spells when he'd be more effectively centrally and JPB would struggle in CL, this year is more about him getting chances in league and cup and see where that takes him.

If Sterling can't do anything with a real point to prove to Chelsea then he will have nothing much left but to go to Saudi so this is a huge season for him.

Mind you I thought that about Barkley coming here in 2020 and after the first five games he was a massive disappointment.

Not fussed either way.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hasn't really done anything for four years, is on massive wages, and is to turn 30 in December. No thanks.

....is the correct answer.

Move on.

• Like 1

The thing that grates me about this. 

We have champions league this season, Chelsea don't.

They get Felix and we get their cast off. Doesn't sit right with me.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I find it shocking that he was considered surplus at Man City and arguably his career was waning (13 league goals in 21/22)  but Chelsea were still prepared to pat £325K per week - crazy! I really don’t think he was would be a starter for us.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

The thing that grates me about this. 

We have champions league this season, Chelsea don't.

They get Felix and we get their cast off. Doesn't sit right with me.

We're in Birmingham and they are in London. Simples.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â