Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Cannot believe people are still carping  on about this. Sterling has no plaice at our Chubb

It’s bleak in here, the tench-ion in this thread is too much for a player so overrayted.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Sign Toney much better option and younger 

Great idea, i can 100% see Toney giving the Zulu sign during his signing on video!

make it happen.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

A few years ago when he was competing with Grealish for England he was a waste of space for many in here.

Suddenly when there are links to us he is suddenly a world beater

Likely different people saying those things though tbf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't see this happening. Not a good player at all, can't see why Emery would be interested. 

The only thing he is good at is running in behind, if you watch his game closely you would see that his build up play, passing and decision making is abysmal. 

Really can't see this being true. 

• Like 1

I highly doubt this is true but Sterling gets way, way too much criticism. Every time I see him play in this massively disjointed Chelsea team he’s the only standout player who actually looks competent and keen to make a difference. Was often the same when he was playing for England.

But for the wages and price tag and age, I don’t see it. 

• Like 1

To be honest I don’t see where he’d play. Not the worst signing as a loan, to be with the squad. But not what we really need. The best we can get from Chelsea is Carney which most would argue but I think we can get him for a very good amount while rotating with Rogers. If he gets free from injuries there is a player there.

I think he would be good for us, but as it is Chelsea that is our counterpart, the best thing would be to let this one drag out and then pull the plug right before the deadline, so Chelsea is stuck with him and his salary.

Edited by DeepDish

21 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

This is absolutely nothing personal, but I really hate this as a response.

It clearly isnt the individuals money, but that doesn't mean we arent entitled to feel concerned about how the club (potentially) spends it's money. If we paid everyone 200k a week and we fell foul of squad cost rules/PSR/went bankrupt in 5 years would that be ok because "it isnt my money" ?

If we matched Sterling's rumoured current wages then that is a bad way to spend money. It's absolutely no different to saying "why are we spending £50m on that player?", yet that isnt the individuals money either.

Well yes but you kind of have to go by the assumption that by spending 200k a week we wouldn't be putting ourselves at risk, is really my point. "It's not your money" is just me being flippant.

My point is basically I don't think it particularly matters, as long as the club sign it off. If it's a loan on 200k a week that's £10m for a season. I'd pay it (with someone else's money 😉)

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

5 hours ago, DeepDish said:

I think he would be good for us, but as it is Chelsea that is our counterpart, the best thing would be to let this one drag out and then pull the plug right before the deadline, so Chelsea is stuck with him and his salary.

Be a bit harsh on the player though

39 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Be a bit harsh on the player though

Yes. But I seem to remember how he cried in Guardian, still being a Liverpool player, about the fact that he was criticised for turning down a 100k a week offer at Liverpool. So he has gamed some clubs himself. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2024 at 14:33, briny_ear said:

We have no idea how much this is journalistic fantasy or CFC/agent-driven spin.

But…

Just supposing it’s a serious possibility, and Emery and Monchi fancy having Sterling in the squad for our first Championship League season, but @El Segundo doesn’t…

Whose opinion should hold sway? It’s a tough one. 

No it isn't.  And pardon me for thinking the point of a forum is for people to express their opinions on Villa related matters, without assuming the club will absolutely value it over that of the Manager.       

it won't happen, but i'd take him on a heavily subsidised 12 month loan. No way to a permanent deal.

Moot point anyway. 

18 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Sign Toney much better option and younger 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ck35y7o65tnhrdaoru7

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â