Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

As others have said, at the very least he will give us what Diaby did last season for a year, maybe even more. 

That's IF we are in for him, I'd be surprised if we are and it must be a very favourable deal for us for it to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If Emery wants him then he fits the system

Fair enough but can you see based how Emery plays generally where he’d fit in the team?  Obviously Emery will have different ideas but I’m struggling to see.

I'm more concerned about the potential fit to our squad and what it would mean to our current players like Duran or Philogene.  Not concerned about the finances. The club are on top of that. We would negotiate a favorable package if we were to sign Sterling.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 2

https://archive.is/HeQjb

Aston Villa have opened talks with Chelsea about signing Raheem Sterling, who has been told that he can leave the west London club.
Villa have been looking for another attacking player and lost out to Chelsea in the race to sign João Félix, the Portugal winger, this week. Chelsea and Sterling want to find a permanent solution, which is complicated by him having three years left on his contract, which is worth £325,000 a week. Chelsea paid £50million for the winger from Manchester City in 2022.

I call BS. The article has literally nothing to it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Champions League experience is a plus.

If it wasn't affordable we wouldn't be considering it surely?

With the Sami links yesterday, I’m worried this may be a Chelsea/Villa PSR swap with Duran….we get Sterling, buy Sami and Chelsea get Duran.  Whether we’d get Sterling on loan with option to buy and Sami permanently.  So see if Sterling could reproduce, Chelsea want rid and for us we have Sterling experience for a season and Sami a season to get up to speed.  Just trying to put logic to this.

Sterling is another Coutinho. Past his best, high wages, 30 years old. Plus he is a winger and you need a second striker. Incredible waste of money (plus he will blocks your market next years). And also he blocks the development of Philogene. And now I read that you could swap Duran for Sterling. A total disaster. 

• Like 3

Duran to Chelsea for £40m

Sterling to Villa on favourable terms

Additional money used to buy Geertruida

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

https://archive.is/HeQjb

Aston Villa have opened talks with Chelsea about signing Raheem Sterling, who has been told that he can leave the west London club.
Villa have been looking for another attacking player and lost out to Chelsea in the race to sign João Félix, the Portugal winger, this week. Chelsea and Sterling want to find a permanent solution, which is complicated by him having three years left on his contract, which is worth £325,000 a week. Chelsea paid £50million for the winger from Manchester City in 2022.

I call BS. The article has literally nothing to it 

Convinced this time tomorrow it will be Villa have no interest in Sterling

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Very true!  Just seems a strange type of player but you are right

What type of player is he? To my mind he's a wide forward who can also play centrally and his pace frightens defences. Pretty easy to see how that type of player would be very useful. The downsides are that his technique is very limited and generally has 50p feet.

On a loan with an option to buy, definitely a nice signing. 

Just now, villanmac said:

The rumour is as bad as the rumour yesterday. Nothing about this deal works for us. Monchi said like 2 weeks we want a younger squad. 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If Emery wants him then he fits the system

He does clearly fit the system as he's an upgraded Diaby. He can play as a central for or on either wing. He's got an amazing amount of experience and by all accounts is a top professional. 

It all comes down to how much will he cost us for a season of football. 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What would Sterling give Villa that JJ, Rogers or Bailey doesn't already offer? 

Not having to play Cash on the right wing when two of this three are unavailable in the last few months of the season due to fatigue or injury.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He does clearly fit the system as he's an upgraded Diaby. He can play as a central for or on either wing. He's got an amazing amount of experience and by all accounts is a top professional. 

It all comes down to how much will he cost us for a season of football. 

Is he an upgrade on Diaby centrally? Not from what I saw last season anyway 

This is one where Unai has to come out and say no way. Seriously Sterling. Seriously. He belongs in the past it bin along with Kane. No way never nada zilch zero, no chance, please to God no.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Cost us nothing to enquire. Hey how desperate are you to get some of his cost off your books? We'll pay half his wages if you're up for that. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â