Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

As a few have said this would be very unlike Emery to sign a player like this.

I'd genuinely rather see the likes Philogene get a chance than blow our budget for wages on a player that's past his best.

Not a hope we sign him

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Sterling wants to stay in the prem, he's better than Diaby 

Sterling had 18 G+A last season, Diaby 19. So they aren’t too dissimilar. Now put Sterling in An Emery team and he probably gets more.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Established attacking signing? What does that even mean

Suppose would take Hazard, Aguero or Timo Werner as were established

It means someone who has done it at the top level over several seasons and knows what it's like to play CL. You knew that though. 

Hazard at his peak would have been great here yeah. Phenomenal player. 

Monchi not even 10 days ago:

“We were very clear where we wanted to work in the squad. In our opinion, and Unai is the one who decides, we needed to increase the level of the squad in three points: Physical, first. A younger squad, and to have a more complete squad, so Unai can have more options.”

https://archive.is/arUfu

Edited by The_Steve
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

“We were very clear where we wanted to work in the squad. In our opinion, and Unai is the one who decides, we needed to increase the level of the squad in three points: Physical, first. A younger squad, and to have a more complete squad, so Unai can have more options.”

❤️

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I'd highlight the physical first bit too

• Like 1

I'm usually pretty open minded about signings, especially during the Emery era. For example, Barkley wouldn't have been anywhere near the list of players I would have been interested in this summer, but obviously I know nothing compared to Emery / Monchi so I trust in their wisdom. 

But this is one that instantly I just don't feel right about. 

Not so much his ability, but more in terms of his persona and what it might do to our group. The statement from his "camp" last week really sums him up. And lets not forget he was even worse when demanding a move from Liverpool years ago. Adding that type of character to our tight-knit group just feels wrong. 

On the pitch, there is no doubting he gets goals. I've often been quite baffled about how he has scored so many goals considering the fact he can't really shoot properly. But there is no doubt he is good at arriving on time in the box and getting on the end of things. 

I would rather pass on this one, even if it meant going into the season without any additional firepower. I just don't think this gamble is worth it. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We still signed Barkley. He evidently meant it more as a general point about the profile of the squad rather than it having to apply to every single player.

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

We still signed Barkley. He evidently meant it more as a general point about the profile of the squad rather than it having to apply to every single player.

But Ross isn’t here to start. Sterling would come with that expectation. Not the same. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

But Ross isn’t here to start. Sterling would come with that expectation. Not the same. 

Nowhere does that Monchi quote specify players starting or not.

13 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

I'm usually pretty open minded about signings, especially during the Emery era. For example, Barkley wouldn't have been anywhere near the list of players I would have been interested in this summer, but obviously I know nothing compared to Emery / Monchi so I trust in their wisdom. 

But this is one that instantly I just don't feel right about. 

Not so much his ability, but more in terms of his persona and what it might do to our group. The statement from his "camp" last week really sums him up. And lets not forget he was even worse when demanding a move from Liverpool years ago. Adding that type of character to our tight-knit group just feels wrong. 

On the pitch, there is no doubting he gets goals. I've often been quite baffled about how he has scored so many goals considering the fact he can't really shoot properly. But there is no doubt he is good at arriving on time in the box and getting on the end of things. 

I would rather pass on this one, even if it meant going into the season without any additional firepower. I just don't think this gamble is worth it. 

Genuinely think the reason this kid is considered to have a bad attitude is pure racism. He’s probably not the perfect human being but the media see a young black man with lots of money and it’s an easy target. Pundits and pro’s often come out and say he’s a top bloke.

Dunno. There are a thousand reasons why we would/wouldn’t want Sterling. Not convinced his personality one is much of a factor. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Nowhere does that Monchi quote specify players starting or not.

But there’s a huge differential in squad position between them. One comes to be part of the squad. The other would expect to start. He doesn’t fit the profile. Unai made an exception for Ross. It happens but all our other purchases show we are actively reducing the squad age. 

Edited by The_Steve

Imo the younger squad comment is a generalisation and we have already started doing that.

I'm not sure that rules out loan moves for players they think can help us NOW.

I've mentioned a couple times that Unai is actually known for one or two eyebrow raising signings and turning them into bangers.

Also my silly signing mates theory checks out with Leon haha

Again though, I'd legit just rather us sign Geertruida

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

But there’s a huge differential in squad position between them. One comes to be part of the squad. The other would expect to start. He doesn’t fit the profile. Unai made an exception for Ross. It happens but all our other purchases show we are actively reducing the squad age. 

I absolutely love how you speak like you’re the authority on the matter and you know EXACTLY why Unai signed Barkley.

You know nothing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The best thing about this rumour is exposing how some of the "trusted" media sources are worse than useless when it comes to Villa transfers

I think most rumours come from agents. Agents talk to journalists and leak information about their own players or, more often, transfers they've heard from other agents. I doubt many clubs leak information at all to anyone, it doesn't suit either buying or selling club to leak rumours (usually). 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuinely think the reason this kid is considered to have a bad attitude is pure racism. He’s probably not the perfect human being but the media see a young black man with lots of money and it’s an easy target. Pundits and pro’s often come out and say he’s a top bloke.

Dunno. There are a thousand reasons why we would/wouldn’t want Sterling. Not convinced his personality one is much of a factor. 

Attacked an international team mate at a training camp because he made a hard tackle on him in a game

Forced a move out of Liverpool then gloated online with Delph

Undermined his current teammates by going to the press that he got dropped instead of keeping in house

But sure its all racism

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â