Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

6 hours ago, macandally said:

Some of the comments on here, I swear we have some who are turning into Arsenal arsehole fans! 

Drop the arrogance boys, we have not won a trophy in 20 years so have done nothing bar finishing top 4 as yet 

It’s closer to 30 years 🙁

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think diaby is better to be honest but a loan for sterling would be a decent deal for us for one season. 

Sterling wants to stay in the prem, he's better than Diaby 

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

He’s got some of the worst decision making I’ve ever seen in a top end footballer.

Yeah his decision to keep taking penalties and free kicks for one when it's.painfully obvious he's not good at either.

He'd be on every set piece here man, the 'superstar'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaTO said:

Yeah so basically Chelsea came to us and 'What about Sterling? Interested?'

And Emery said 'How do I put this politely...he doesn't fit into our plans'. 

Hopefully that's the end of it.

IMG-0605.gif

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They’re also completely different players

Agree with that 

And that's why I don't want sterling, he doesn't know what he is, tries to drop deep and get on the ball, pick out passes and dictate play, he chooses to do the things he is worst at rather than play to his own strengths 

He's his own worst enemy 

I blame Southgate for how he used him for England

I kind of like the idea of Sterling at Villa if the finances are right. But I like more the idea of Sterling still at Chelsea causing more chaos and keep Chelsea in the mud having to pay out 325k a week for three more seasons for a player training alone!

• Like 1

No no no **** no.

He’s not the profile of player we’re after. His age, his media profile, personality, wages, fee, sell on value. It makes no sense at all.

I’d take Madueke, but not Sterling.

• Like 1

Chelsea use Romano for PR if we'd have made an approach for Sterling he would know about it and would probably be making a big deal about it too, so for him to say we haven't made an approach in dismissive tone pretty much confirms that there's no truth to the story as it stands. I think they probably offered him to us at some point, maybe we said we would keep the option in mind, and rumour has developed from that, but as it stands the story has closed 🔒

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Four days ago he released a statement after being left out the Chelsea squad. That's 10x worse then anything young daft Jhon did.

It's not like they went out and published some public notice statement. The Mail got wind he was dropped out of the Squad for City and were going to run a story and they contacted him camp for comment. They gave that statement as comment on the record. They could/should have just said no comment but whatever. The point was they were approached about a story. 

By all accounts Sterling is a top professional and has a wealth of experience. To me at the right price a Loan is a no brainer as he fits the versatile forward who can carry the ball and score and assist. 

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Chelsea use Romano for PR if we'd have made an approach for Sterling he would know about it and would probably be making a big deal about it too, so for him to say we haven't made an approach in dismissive tone pretty much confirms that there's no truth to the story as it stands. I think they probably offered him to us at some point, maybe we said we would keep the option in mind, and rumour has developed from that, but as it stands the story has closed 🔒

Do you know this for a fact btw?

7 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Seriously, I’d like an answer, what would this player offer Villa that’s not here already? 

And is it worth the 300k a week wage, or even half that? 

Rogers is young and despite promising performances we can't expect him to be the partner for Ollie for the season. Buendia is a completely different player, no pace and doesn't carry the ball, take players on. So those two as our forward options to partner Watkins isn't deep enough. Then we have Bailey as our only experienced winger, Philogene has promise for sure but isn't at the level yet. He's only new to the Premier League after all.

Emery has wanted a versatile forward (and we had one in Diaby who could play with Watkins and out wide). Sterling gives us that. He also adds that experience to the group and his time under Gurardiola means he is intelligent and adaptable in the forward play the way Emery requires us to be. 

In terms of cost. A Loan deal for 10 months and a Loan fee for the season of around £12m for me makes sense. 

18 minutes ago, useless said:

There's lots of pointers suggesting we use romano for PR too...

Which makes it even less likely. Of course on this occassion Romano might not be doing ours or Chelsea's bidding, but him saying no approach and talking of others clubs, makes the transfer less likely than it perhaps seemed

35 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It's not like they went out and published some public notice statement. The Mail got wind he was dropped out of the Squad for City and were going to run a story and they contacted him camp for comment. They gave that statement as comment on the record. They could/should have just said no comment but whatever. The point was they were approached about a story. 

By all accounts Sterling is a top professional and has a wealth of experience. To me at the right price a Loan is a no brainer as he fits the versatile forward who can carry the ball and score and assist. 

He would have had to approve the statement and he is well aware what he did and how it would be seen

Its how he got out of Liverpool

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's lots of pointers suggesting we use romano for PR too...

He does things for clubs and agents, it's pretty well known now. He does the publicity and they all use the fact he has a massive following on twitter and instagram. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â