Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think, I could be wrong.

His premise was, since we were willing to spend a good wad of cash on a Felix type player, if with money saved by doing a much lesser deal on an attacker, it would allow us the freedom to just sign Geertuda.

This is what I was trying to convey, much less articulately!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

This is what I was trying to convey, much less articulately!

Hopefully the case, I think adding a right sided defender is more important than adding an attacker. I'm not super keen on Sterling to be honest, would rather the minutes went to Rogers, Ramsey, Philogene etc.

Edited by Monsieur Hazdazler

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think, I could be wrong.

His premise was, since we were willing to spend a good wad of cash on a Felix type player, if with money saved by doing a much lesser deal on an attacker, it would allow us the freedom to just sign Geertuda.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

I think the previous posters are premise was about bringing in both.

You both conveyed exactly what I meant. Monchi, Unai et al have made a pont of complying with psr, scr so if that was hampering our ambition but Sterling on loan allowed us to get the 2 positions covered then so be it.  The plan has to be flexible ...

Edited by Pottervillan
Spelling D'oh
  • Like 1

Yeah so basically Chelsea came to us and 'What about Sterling? Interested?'

And Emery said 'How do I put this politely...he doesn't fit into our plans'. 

Hopefully that's the end of it.

Edited by VillaTO

9 minutes ago, VillaTO said:

Yeah so basically Chelsea came to us and 'What about Sterling? Interested?'

And Emery said 'How do I put this politely...he doesn't fit into our plans'. 

Hopefully that's the end of it.

Fits our plans perfectly. Good second striker option 

I fully understand people's reservations about this but I do think there are a number of upsides to signing him, whether you agree that they are upsides or that they outweigh the downsides or whether he fits into our transfer policy is another thing. 

Definitely wouldn't be upset about him signing. Wouldn't be upset if this is nonsense newspaper fluff either 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I fully understand people's reservations about this but I do think there are a number of upsides to signing him, whether you agree that they are upsides or that they outweigh the downsides or whether he fits into our transfer policy is another thing. 

Definitely wouldn't be upset about him signing. Wouldn't be upset if this is nonsense newspaper fluff either 

He was shit last season, not getting better as his game was based on speed that's gone and it's confirmed BS now. This needs moving to Other Football

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

I like him. He's dangerous and ten times the player Diaby was meant to be. He does come across well too, and he won my sympathy big time with the press bullshit. 

He's played at the top level for a reason and anyone Emery wants Emery should have. Give him all the options. 

Chatting nonsense really, Diaby had more goals and assists in the league last year in a new league in a new position than sterling’s managed in both seasons at Chelsea. Look at the big chances missed clips above. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, villarule123 said:

He was one of the best players in a title winning Pep side a couple of years ago. People on here never learn. 

The same stupid comments when Tielemans was about to sign, when McGinn was brought back into the team, Watkins being made our main striker for the foreseeable etc. 

Emery will bring the best out of any player that comes into the club. 

That was three seasons ago. Would be like West Ham fans saying they got a bargain with Ings when they signed him because three seasons before he scored more goals than Salah and Kane.

I'm not saying he's done, but he has a lot to prove to make our first 11, especially considering the wage issue.

In Emery we trust, but "people on here never learn" is a weird take.

5 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

He's a multi multi multi millionaire has-been footballer. He won the lot domestically. He's no longer hungry. He's got nothing to prove.
Releasing a statement about him being dropped hours before his teams 1st PL game shows his class. 
dont-do-it-stop.gif

This makes little sense to me. 

If he’s no longer hungry to play the game then he wouldn’t have released the statement. 

Edited by Colin79

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â