Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Jaden is better than Sterling for what we do.

Oh sorry I thought it was January and I was in the Morgan Rogers thread then. 

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Oh sorry I thought it was January and I was in the Morgan Rogers thread then. 

Let me break it down for you, Barney-style:

1) Raheem Sterling is not starting over Leon Bailey, who has the right wing job.

2) He is not starting over Rogers or Ramsey over on the left, regardless of rotation.

3) He is adamant he should be a starter.

4) Since he is not going to be a starter, we need someone who will fill a role as an impact pacey sub who will work. Jaden does that job quite well, and does not have a team of folks who will issue press releases regarding Item #3.

5) Jaden's wages to not start are far better for us than Raheem's to not start. We kind of have some financial hurdles.

Ergo, Jaden is better than Sterling for what we do.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I didn't say he was reaching that level again. 

I didn't say anything about Unai 'fixing' him.

I'm thinking about situations where we need to rotate, and we have Rogers (who I think is fantastic), Watkins (fantastic), Bailey (very good), JJ (very good), Buendia (very good) and looking at their Champions League experience, and comparing it to Sterling. 

In a situation where we might be playing away, one nil down, need a point, CL fixture, one of the less experienced players isn't quite performing well, and there's someone with a G/A every other game at that level, or someone like JPB (prospect, not a starting XI player for me for a long time) - I know who I would pick. 

Again, as long as the price is right.

I respect your opinion but I don't think he's good enough any more, to be a starting option for us and there's no way he's coming to us on much lower wages to be a sub option, Champions League or not....

Edited by Dillon66

48 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

It looks like the Mirror broke this story saying that Chelsea had 'offered' Sterling to us. Then the Times published their article saying we are in talks to sign him. So possibly a case of a paper upping the ante to get clicks when there's no real substance to the claims. 

So complete load of crap as expected and not worth a thread

I don't like this at all.

But I will accept it if it goes through and back him.

Half of ya'll acting like you are Unai's cheif scout when in reality you sound like Gabby on talksport 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Enjoy this its actually comical. He gets chances because of his pace but he's a dreadful footballer. Without pace he'd be in league 2

But he does have pace.

if Martinez didn’t have hands he wouldn’t be a goalkeeper.

• Like 1

Sterling last good seasom was 19/20

Ings, Vardy, Rashford, Martial and Sadio Mane all had good seasons then and I wouldnt sign any of them either😝

3 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Why would we help Chelsea out of their PSR hole? I want Sterling and the rest of their 20 man bomb squad milking Clearlake for as much money as possible. 

Because we are friends with them for some reason and have helped them before

Don’t see it happening for all the reasons people have said, but if it did happen, it would be because Unai reckons he can get a tune out of him, and Unai is right most of the time, so if it did happen, I’d be on board.

We sign young giants, not short person grandads.

(Sorry if short person is not the right term now, switch for dwarfs/little people/what is the nice way) 

Just now, Wezbid said:

(Sorry if short person is not the right term now, switch for dwarfs/little people/what is the nice way) 

😄

Thank you auto-correct. Guess the m word is a real no go then!

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I believe the correct term is 'vertically challenged'!

4 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Actually it's 'short person racist'.

short person spotted.

(I have my bifocals on that's how I saw you)

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

I think the previous posters are premise was about bringing in both.

I think, I could be wrong.

His premise was, since we were willing to spend a good wad of cash on a Felix type player, if with money saved by doing a much lesser deal on an attacker, it would allow us the freedom to just sign Geertuda.

• Thanks 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â