Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

1 minute ago, useless said:

123 Premier League goals, 62 assists,  that puts him in the all time top twenty for both, 27 Champions League goals and 17 asssts, 20 goals for England, and it's not as if his recent stats look bad, and that's in a under performing Chelsea team, he's obviously got some far out pedigree

Yeah but he can’t pass and just runs fast.

🥴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s better than JJ for a start. By a **** mile

You criminally underrate Ramsey if that's your serious opinion.

In 22/23 Ramsey scored six and probably similar number of assists playing regularly on the left for the first time. Sterling also scored six prem goals and he was started the World cup as a first choice still for England.

Ramsey far younger and rising albeit had a write off year due to injury but I liked  what I saw when he came on v West Ham.

47 minutes ago, Tayls said:

What does ‘Sterling’ rhyme with? Starling. What do Starlings eat? That’s right… fish (probably, I dunno, who cares!) Get the puns out, so we can get a round in before this goes to ‘other football’. 

Ling is a type of fish. He has a fish in his name. And that  will be our chant: 

"He's got a whole fish in his name." To the tune of "He's got the whole world in his hands". 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

So potentially we are signing someone that can play LW so Rogers can play the number 10  / 2nd striker role alongside Watkins.

Then we have Ramsey as well that can probably play either position.

Hasn't Sterling played more on the right in recent times? I just see him as an alternative to Bailey who will miss games with all the knocks he picks up from late tackles.

49 minutes ago, Tayls said:

What does ‘Sterling’ rhyme with? Starling. What do Starlings eat? That’s right… fish (probably, I dunno, who cares!) Get the puns out, so we can get a round in before this goes to ‘other football’. 

He’d be a good addition to our squid

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yeah but he can’t pass and just runs fast.

🥴

And he’s pushing 30 

4 minutes ago, useless said:

123 Premier League goals, 62 assists,  that puts him in the all time top twenty for both, 27 Champions League goals and 17 asssts, 20 goals for England, and it's not as if his recent stats look bad, and that's in a under performing Chelsea team, he's obviously got some far out pedigree

All tap ins for one of the most ruthless and domination sides in PL history.

123 tap ins. Maybe 119 if I'm being generous.

He's so limited as a footballer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, andym said:

At his best, he's elite off the ball in terms of getting himself into goal scoring positions.

Problem is his consistency when he gets there

Can somehow look world class, then 5 seconds later look like he's never kicked a ball in his life

He's never been a great finisher at all. Bit like Ollie used to be but he's worked so hard on that part of his game since Emery came in, Sterling really hasn't.

I know someone will counter that he scored 20 + at Man. City a few times but there he just perfected the art of timing his run for a cutback and tapping in at the far post. Man. City are robotic in the way they perfect that move time and again compared to others. Hasn't worked for him at Chelsea and he's messed up so many one on ones, take a look at both Chelsea games v Wolves for a perfect example of this.

Edited by VillaChris

5 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

Seriously…
Great addition if he’s willing to take a big pay cut…

He wouldn’t be taking a pay cut if it’s a loan. We’d be paying part of his wages, Chelsea would be paying the rest.

Watching him for England and Chelsea he plays for himself way too much, the statement at the weekend just shows how big his ego is and that alone is enough to avoid. 

If we get onto footballing ability he just doesn't look good to me, not natural with the ball and somehow has a youtube video of him missing about 10 open goals and that was a few years ago. We have loads of left sided players, doesn't get in ahead of Bailey, Ramsey, Rogers he's miles behind all of them and won't come here to be a squad player.

I assume this is nonsense and it will be in other football by next week.

• Like 3

123 premier league goals. How can anybody not rate him. Whether he's still the player he was at Man City I don't know but if we couid get him I wouldn't be disappointed.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we take a step back... Even if by perception Sterling is one of our " shit ' players, it shows a quantum leap in development.

We literally just offloaded the likes of Callum Chambers and have Hause on our books 😂

From " Oh the generic Trezeguet change FFS " to ' Got Sterling on the bench '  

I do sometimes wonder if we are getting too cocky too quick.

For me, I'm more concerned about what we could potentially do with the same money, not about him being ' shit " by any stretch.

Sterling would never see himself as a bench player though. Man thinks he's untouchable undroppable and incomparable, him and "his team" that's why man keeps trying to teef penalties when he puts half of them on the motorway.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â