Raheem Sterling

MaVilla

What does ‘Sterling’ rhyme with? Starling. What do Starlings eat? That’s right… fish (probably, I dunno, who cares!) Get the puns out, so we can get a round in before this goes to ‘other football’. 

Edited by Tayls

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I don’t think it’s a question of that. So far the rumour is absolutely speculative and people are rightly questioning it. So far there’s evidence that Unai is interested. It’s just a vague Times article. 

Has there ever been a transfer that's had any conclusive evidence behind it before it's been confirmed in the Emery, Monchi, Vidagany era?

• Like 2

At his best, he's elite off the ball in terms of getting himself into goal scoring positions.

Problem is his consistency when he gets there

Can somehow look world class, then 5 seconds later look like he's never kicked a ball in his life

• Like 3

Just now, Jareth said:

If the money is favourable, then he's a great addition to the squad for a season.

Yeah I'm not against a loan. I just don't want to help Chelsea out any more than that

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If you asked Ben White who he'd prefer to defend against on Saturday, JJ or Sterling he wouldn't think twice about saying Sterling 

We're suddenly in the mind of Benny Blanco.

VT, never change.

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He's just temporary as a loan. Next summer we have the same problem of trying replacing Diaby again, except it's even harder as we have spent money on this Sterling loan in the meantime meaning we have even less to spend on the Diaby replacement?

Or am I wrong somehow?

Fully agree! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

This link has more red flags than Jeremy Corbyn’s birthday party. A horrible idea that should never be spoken of again. 

Hey, have you heard we might be in for Sterling?

If Unai wants him, thats good enough for me!

If Unai wanted Jesse Lingard and Dele Alli, i'd be ok with that as well! 

unai-emery-baywatch.gif

42 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Bottom line: This would be a signing of opportunity meant for beefing up our squad short-term.

All depends on the deets.

Might work as part of a class of players I've sometimes said would be a good fit for Villa during this first-CL year: Experienced, older players on short-term or bargain arrangements who have been discounted by their home clubs (often unwisely).

I'm not in the "In Unai I trust" camp because, well, I feel always that's sort of implicit, but I can certainly see how he might work nicely.

When I've seen him play in the last year, I've been consistently impressed and always said so. He's still fast and creative. Not super amused by those who make fun of the way he runs, and just written them off as morons.

If you don't think he runs funny, you're blind.  But running funny is not in the calculation whether we need him or not.  It is in the calculation of how much I snicker during a match.

Don’t think this would be as terrible as apparently many on here think.

Experienced, with something to prove, knows the league. With the right manager…?

I remember him doing an interview when he joined Chelsea and he was talking of his shock/anger at not playing more or in the big games.

He's deluded. Imagine having to play this guy every week. He's greedy, has zero game intelligence, can't see a pass, doesn't want to see a pass, can't play a pass. Can't hit a bit from further than 8 yards. Believes he can take penalties for some reason. We'd have to play him every week.

No.

No.

I wouldnt mind him if Chelsea paid 80% of his salary 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â