Leaving Social Media

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Giro said:

When Social Media started it was actually genuinely fun, nobody took it too seriously. 

The whole influencer culture has ruined it. Soon people realise nobody gives a toss what your up too the better. 

That's the problem though.  You've got people in their millions subscribed to watch iShowSpeed run around the street screaming at people and doing the occasional somersault.

Then you've got people with hundreds of thousands of followers, sat in their own bedroom and talking some inane drivel into their webcam.  People do give a toss unfortunately.

I have about 150 FB friends. The vast majority of them (at least 120) are people I know In Real Life. The chances of arguing with any of them are remote. My problem is the complete strangers on open groups. If I can curtail my tendency to rise to the bait when they talk shit, I'll be fine. 

• Like 1

Only a nutter would give their opinions on everything and anything to everyone in the supermarket or at a train station. But apparently, it’s really bad that when you do it on social media, and nutters respond.

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I have about 150 FB friends. The vast majority of them (at least 120) are people I know In Real Life. The chances of arguing with any of them are remote. My problem is the complete strangers on open groups. If I can curtail my tendency to rise to the bait when they talk shit, I'll be fine. 

I guess it's partly about what kind of social relationships do we want to have with people? I've noticed that when people have like a zillion friends, they are generally IRL a lot less available to me socially, too. That social media "burden" is real. They carry around these huge roach egg-sacks they constantly need to worry about. I'm not getting in there. On the flipside, I start behaving different towards them, too. I don't give big social media mavens as much time or thought. It's weird, because they don't really give me any either. And if you're not on social media at all, I may just end up relieving myself of any sense of obligation even to consider you alive. It's just ... weird. That shit is weird. It's **** up.

15 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I am addicted to TikTok

My favourite one is the girl who brings fast food to the car and then makes a crude comment and goes huh huh 

And the Hawk Tuah girl

And the ones with professional eaters

And the fellow who makes his belly dance to that yes yes yes Didi Dday song

fair **** to her. said something silly on a night out when pissed up, went viral, rather than shrink away from it she's decided to milk it for all she can whilst using some of the money she earns to help local animal and homeless shelters

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

fair **** to her. said something silly on a night out when pissed up, went viral, rather than shrink away from it she's decided to milk it for all she can whilst using some of the money she earns to help local animal and homeless shelters

She also refused the easy and big money to do playboy/p0rn/OF stuff (for now at least).

Fair play to her, if she can set herself up for life, and help some other people out all with her 15 minutes of fame then well done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

5 hours ago, Genie said:

She also refused the easy and big money to do playboy/p0rn/OF stuff (for now at least).

Fair play to her, if she can set herself up for life, and help some other people out all with her 15 minutes of fame then well done.

I have somewhat of a similar stance towards the Kardashians in a way. I cant hate the game their playing, by all means, milk that money-cow dry. That said, I would very much like to kerb-stomp every single airhead that enables this by glorifying them, buying and watching all of that useless shit.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â