Champions League 2024/25 League Phase Draw

maqroll

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Because it’s our first time in the competition in 40 odd years. Hopefully it’s our first of many, but it might not be. 

The whole point of being in the elite club competition in the world is to play the best sides. 

I want the biggest teams possible. I want to look forward to playing Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. Not Rb Leipzig and Club Brugge, even if that gives us a better chance to qualify 

Why would you not want Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig and Club Brugge?

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’re in it to win it!!!

Honest...we're not, for me we're in it for some fun and some memories and then to bank the money and get it again next year and the year after 

It's a bit sad really that for a lot of us here Europe is "famous" nights at VP when we beat Ajax, I want a couple of them, I'd love this CL campaign to just have 1 game that we all still remember and talk about in 10-20 years time, no one will remember where we finished in the league stage or of we don't qualify, they'll remember us playing real Madrid or Barca at VP for years to come 

Said last year when Newcastle got Dortmund psg and Milan in their group and people laughed at them for the group of death that nah thats a dream group, 3 massive clubs 3 very doable relatively cheap away games 

I would want brugge away though, we'd take 3-4000 fans at a guess if the timing was right 

From pot 1 Leipzig are the team to avoid, really don't want them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Honest...we're not, for me we're in it for some fun and some memories and then to bank the money and get it again next year and the year after 

It's a bit sad really that for a lot of us here Europe is "famous" nights at VP when we beat Ajax, I want a couple of them, I'd love this CL campaign to just have 1 game that we all still remember and talk about in 10-20 years time, no one will remember where we finished in the league stage or of we don't qualify, they'll remember us playing real Madrid or Barca at VP for years to come 

Said last year when Newcastle got Dortmund psg and Milan in their group and people laughed at them for the group of death that nah thats a dream group, 3 massive clubs 3 very doable relatively cheap away games 

I would want brugge away though, we'd take 3-4000 fans at a guess if the timing was right 

From pot 1 Leipzig are the team to avoid, really don't want them

Exactly this. 

Of course we’re in competitions to win them. But what’s the point of being in the most prestigious competition if you just want ties with no prestige. 

No Newcastle fan is disappointed that they drew those huge teams even though it meant they went out in the groups

3 hours ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

2 from each country

The software will guarantee total randomness within the framework of the draw conditions stipulated by the regulations (e.g. country protection and no more than two opponents from the same country), while guaranteeing that the draw can be completed for all teams without resulting at any point in a deadlock situation.

So we wait so long for a Champions League game and the first one be away at serial cheats City

Just now, Zatman said:

So we wait so long for a Champions League game and the first one be away at serial cheats City

Can’t draw teams from your own league. Video on prior page gives a good explanation to be fair to it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We can’t draw English teams thankfully 

• Like 1

Most of the fans might not be thinking about winning it but I guarantee Emery will be. We are gonna have some big atmospheres and big memories.

We can beat anyone at Villa Park, anyone. And the bigger they are the bigger the memory

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm the opposite.

I want the worst teams possible as long as possible.

I don't care about individual games early on. Aim of elite sport is trophies. Bring the big guns later on 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'm the opposite.

I want the worst teams possible as long as possible.

I don't care about individual games early on. Aim of elite sport is trophies. Bring the big guns later on 

So boring

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

What's boring is being knocked out early because we get bad draws 

It’s not though. I’d argue it’s far far less boring. 

That’s not to mention the fact that the way the draw is we’d have every chance of qualifying anyway no matter how hard our draw is

Give me a good route as far as possible any day - that extra £10 mill income per knock out round will be the sort of money that enables us to stay in this competition in the future. If we play full strength which arguably we hardly did in Europe last season, then we can mix it with anyone.

• Like 1

Hopefully we get a favourable draw but we going to be guaranteed games against some of the big hitters anyway but I'd rather not get the hardest teams from each of the pots.

I hope we get the biggest teams possible. I'm under no illusion that we're going to win the CL. Reaching the knockouts would be a brilliant achievement in itself, so I'd rather have the experience of playing the biggest best teams in the world. If we do that and somehow also manage to reach the knockouts, then that'd be amazing. But if we don't, then we'll have gained some brilliant experience and then we can focus more on our domestic competition(s) and try to qualify again for next season. 

3 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I hope we get the biggest teams possible. I'm under no illusion that we're going to win the CL. Reaching the knockouts would be a brilliant achievement in itself, so I'd rather have the experience of playing the biggest best teams in the world. If we do that and somehow also manage to reach the knockouts, then that'd be amazing. But if we don't, then we'll have gained some brilliant experience and then we can focus more on our domestic competition(s) and try to qualify again for next season. 

Typo or using? 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

I was wondering how "software" can guarantee randomness?

Pseudorandom number generator with a seed which could be the exact second on the clock the button is pressed, for example.

It's not truly random though, I don't think that is possible.

Edited by fightoffyour

52 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Give me a good route as far as possible any day - that extra £10 mill income per knock out round will be the sort of money that enables us to stay in this competition in the future. If we play full strength which arguably we hardly did in Europe last season, then we can mix it with anyone.

Honestly in our first season in the competition for 40 years I couldn't give a flying **** about an extra 10m for the club

I don't think any of us watch football to see an extra 10m of revenue in the accounts next year.

I'd rather see us play Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus and Milan than watch us play Leipzig, Brugge etc but get an extra 10m in the bank

It might be another 40 years before we're in this competition again. I hope it isn't, and I don't think it will be, but it's very possible. I'll remember it far more fondly with some prestigious ties against Europe's elite than I would if we played RB Leipzig but the club got an extra 10m

• Like 1