Champions League 2024/25 League Phase Draw

maqroll

23 minutes ago, RicRic said:

When are the fixtures coming out anyone ??

For example day we are playing Bayern 

They started doing the fixture draw a few hours ago. It'll be completed in another day or so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, claretman said:

How much are we thinking for the cheapest home ticket?  Heck must be creaming his pants.

I reckon they'll be 4 categories. 

Category A

Category AA

Category AAA

And category **** me the absolute robbing rocket polishers. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Between Villa fans or Villa and Celtic fans? 

I guess there will be a lot of police presence for this one.

There will need to be I expect thousands will come down without tickets. Town will be absolute chaos. 

3 hours ago, claretman said:

How much are we thinking for the cheapest home ticket?  Heck must be creaming his pants.

They've already said each league stage home match will be the same price.

They could be Cat A level, or they could think of a Cat AA level.

I'm hoping they are reasonable about it like they were in Conference League last year.

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I could be wrong but it seems like the pots don't matter? In the sense that you're playing 2 from each pot anyway? Whether you're in pot 1 or 4 it's the same. Of course it matters in the sense that you can only play 2 from each sort of "tier" of opposition though.

We could've drawn Barca and Real Madrid. Got Leipzig instead. That would've been tougher than a young Juve team in transition. Then Leverkusen and Atalanta would've been far harder imo than Leipzig (although they're a vastly experienced CL team so need to be respected).

I think in the old format we'd have been pretty much certain of a group of death as a pot 4 team but this new order gives us a chance to play teams similar to our level (Bologna, Monaco) and also two teams we should be better than (Celtic and Young Boys) so a tremendous chance of progressing and then the fun will really start in the knock outs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TDR V2 said:

They've already said each league stage home match will be the same price.

They could be Cat A level, or they could think of a Cat AA level.

I'm hoping they are reasonable about it like they were in Conference League last year.

No chance, Europa matches (and Chelsea replay) were generally 25-40 quid IIRC.

While I dislike the mass increase for prem fixtures over the last five years there is obviously a market to charge £60 + for Juve, Munich and Celtic so not going to criticise the club too much when the demand is there. Bologna at those prices may suffer a little bit but then they'll be people who couldn't get tickets for the other three and just wanting to see us play a CL match live so that will likely sell out aswell although Bologna might not shift upper tier of Witton?

How sure are we about this software? My wife has put the draw conditions into ChatGPT twice on a model not connected to the internet and twice got our exact draw. Exact to the home and away ties. The second time, the model said "Aston Villa aren't in the Champions League" and then she put "no, I'm asking about a 24/25" and it said ok this is a hypothetical draw and it spat out out exact draw.

Are we sure they didn't just use ChatGPT?

It's important that we drew teams we can compete with and beat. We'll get our away games at the Bernabeu and San Siro when we qualify for the next phase.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think it's a good balance of cool teams to play and games we can win.

If we get to the knockout stages, which we should, we might get a dream trip to the Bernebeu or something similar.

Well hopefully we get a Southgatey route to the final

Hopefully get lucky draws all the way

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

There will need to be I expect thousands will come down without tickets. Town will be absolute chaos. 

Yes, they will come down like they own the place....same way they do when they travel anywhere.

They are arrogant fans who think they are important, so deluded.

Celtic are the team I dislike the most for all their baggage, I hope we smash them four of five nil the same way as we did Hibs.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ccfcman said:

Is this a bit of a soft touch? I feel it could have been a lot worse. Juve are a totally different outfit this season.

It's hard to know, if we had got our 4 away teams at home we would be thinking we will have big chance to win those. We have the tougher teams at home. Away in Champions League is always difficult. Plus this is a new format so no idea what to expect, if we are home to Bayern last game are they resting players?  

9 hours ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Feel like a nutter for saying this, but with Unai at the helm... None of those teams terrify me. Hope the boys feel the same way! With enough self belief, we can do anything.

Feels like a good draw to me. Bayern and Juve the exciting ‘oh shit it’s the CL’ ties, Monaco a glamorous European name as well. But then enough ‘easier’ games that we should pick up the 3 (?) wins needed to make the playoff round.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

My glass half empty points prediction. Even with a pessimistic hat on, 8 points should still be enough to qualify.

It's crazy...i never even contemplated it...but we have a real chance of finishing in the top 8 if we turn 2 or 3 of those draws into wins

Bayern - 0

Juve - 1

Celtic - 1

Bologna - 1

Leipzig - 0

Brugge - 1

Young boys - 1

Monaco - 3

TOTAL = 8

We gotta boo the hell out of the opposition when they have possession in the home games and we can beat Bayern and Juve.

Trust me It works!  

Poor Liverpool teams have won champions leagues due to it!  Even the best teams seem to turn to shit at Anfield.

I don't get why we don't do it more.  We just go quiet and let them move the ball about with ease.  

12th man!!

Its a good draw but I hope we are a real force at home and a place teams don't want to play.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

How sure are we about this software? My wife has put the draw conditions into ChatGPT twice on a model not connected to the internet and twice got our exact draw. Exact to the home and away ties. The second time, the model said "Aston Villa aren't in the Champions League" and then she put "no, I'm asking about a 24/25" and it said ok this is a hypothetical draw and it spat out out exact draw.

Are we sure they didn't just use ChatGPT?

I hope they didn't, it's not exactly the brightest when it comes to counting and numbers: 

Screenshot_20240830-080124.thumb.png.354c736ccad3bef4c389ead1532090e0.png

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1