Champions League 2024/25 League Phase Draw

maqroll

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I rarely think about our weirdo neighbours but can you imagine how much or rivals are seething watching this. From lording finishing 7th and 8th when we were at our lowest point to seeing us draw Bayern and Jive on TV 

EUeYcuDU8AASgKB.jpg

Can confirm a Bluenose I know told me about the Celtic tie before I had heard it. 

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Villa Park is going to be a nightmare when Celtic visit - half the Holte End will be in half and half scarves singing Fields of Athenry and the other half will be waving Union Jacks and singing about killing the pope.

I wish the Old Firm didn't exist.

Yup, i'm a Celtic fan too but not to the same extent i support Villa. I have the shirts, want them to win etc but on the night i will be firmly supporting us but i will be buying a half and half scarf for the first time ever. It's a dream tie for me. 

• Like 3

Very exciting times. Was at the cricket today with a citeh fan and he was so blasé about the draw. Balls to him and them. Going to see if I can get to one of these games. Will be historic. 

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Villa Park is going to be a nightmare when Celtic visit - half the Holte End will be in half and half scarves singing Fields of Athenry and the other half will be waving Union Jacks and singing about killing the pope.

I wish the Old Firm didn't exist.

Really?

8 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Can't believe I witnessed my club getting a UCL draw. Lads, appreciate every second of this era. We are living in a dream. So happy to be sharing it with the best supporters in the world.

100% - it was a pleasure to see. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Can't believe I witnessed my club getting a UCL draw. Lads, appreciate every second of this era. We are living in a dream. So happy to be sharing it with the best supporters in the world.

Well said.

Unfortunately some people are so ungrateful of where we are right now. I'm sure the majority appreciate what we have and the transformation this great club is embarking on.

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I mean, not to that extent, but don't be surprised if there are fights breaking out.

Between Villa fans or Villa and Celtic fans? 

I guess there will be a lot of police presence for this one.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Between Villa fans or Villa and Celtic fans? 

I guess there will be a lot of police presence for this one.

Season ticket holders and Heck fans who say we should be happy swimming in piss.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, sne said:

Monaco stadium: 18.523

Young Boys stadium: 32.000

Club Brugge stadium: 29.042

Red Bull stadium: 41.122

Not a lot of room for away fans there sadly.

Why didn't I read this before I went off to research the clubs stadium sizes myself 😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

That's also Chelsea's usual draw in the domestic cups.

For a fourth pot team our draw was pretty kind tbh. Bologna and Celtic on paper two of the weakest teams we could've got at home. Juventus also putting out a very young 11 out in Serie A currently so interesting to see how they get on but hard to see how they'll be as strong as 4-5 years ago.

I could be wrong but it seems like the pots don't matter? In the sense that you're playing 2 from each pot anyway? Whether you're in pot 1 or 4 it's the same. Of course it matters in the sense that you can only play 2 from each sort of "tier" of opposition though.

• Like 1