Champions League 2024/25 League Phase Draw

maqroll

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Better than going to Madrid or Milan? Not for me Clive

I think so. Great beer, great people, great city. It’s a great place for good pints and it isn’t full of rocket polishers. Whats not to love. 

• Like 3

Just now, claretman said:

How much are we thinking for the cheapest home ticket?  Heck must be creaming his pants.

Enough to buy Geertruida hopefully

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I think so. Great beer, great people, great city. It’s a great place for good pints and it isn’t full of rocket polishers. Whats not to love. 

Not sure about Madrid but Milan ain't nothing special, especially when Cascarino misses an open goal......joking aside the City was pretty dull, like any city. Bologna would have been alot better.

Let's be realistic, it's a step up and we struggled at times in the conference. But we have to have faith and it's a good draw. I just don't want people being angry if we don't get the success it looks like we could have with our games.

Great draw - the obvious disappointment is Leipzig from the pot 1 lot. You want as big as you can get there, so was hoping for Real Madrid or Barca to accompany Bayern. Personally I was hoping for Inter, but to get Juventus from pot 2 mitigated that somewhat. I followed Juve throughout my childhood (Nedved was probably one of my first proper idols), my parents bought me a Juve shirt on my first visit to Italy when I was 10 - only to realise that we were close to Naples and everyone seemed to want to kill me… be great to see them at VP! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Great draw - the obvious disappointment is Leipzig from the pot 1 lot. You want as big as you can get there, so was hoping for Real Madrid or Barca to accompany Bayern. Personally I was hoping for Inter, but to get Juventus from pot 2 mitigated that somewhat. I followed Juve throughout my childhood, my parents bought me a Juve shirt on my first visit to Italy when I was 10 - only to realise that we were close to Napoli and everyone seemed to want to kill me… be great to see them at VP! 

Also followed them, family reasons too. Del Piero, Nedved, Inzaghi are a few of my favourites.

17 minutes ago, Spoony said:

They’re not one of the biggest clubs in the world

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Personal choice, yeah. Brugge is ace. 

I’m not talking about a holiday 😂

Im talking about a fixture in the most elite football competition in the world. 

Id rather play Milan or Juve over Bruges. But maybe it’s just me 😂

• Like 1

That is a good mix of fixtures, some big names in Bayern and Juve. Would rather have avoided Celtic, but at least it is at Villa Park and not Celtic Park. 

We will be welcoming Dougie back to VP, and hopefully sending him off with a beating . Same for Illing Jr.

One of my earliest childhood memories is hearing us on the radio that were being knocked out by a Boniek inspired Juve. I am hoping we can avenge that defeat some 40+ years later.

Hopefully we can get enough points to get through to the knockout stages. I imagine We will need some results on the road for that to happen.

I will be trying hard to get tickets for all of those home games for me and my Dad. I cannot wait! UTV

Edited by NeilS
Auto correct typo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

City is the whole thing I’d have thought. Not an iconic ground but a great trip away vs an iconic ground, but a pretty average city.

I don’t know - I don’t travel with Villa so maybe it doesn’t matter at all and playing at a new-build in Madrid is better. 

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tbf I thought you meant literally visiting the place. I’d take a good mix of playing elite teams and some nice holiday destinations! The two rarely combine. 

23 minutes ago, NeilS said:

One of my earliest childhood memories is hearing us on the radio that were being knocked out by a Boniek inspired Juve. I am hoping we can avenge that defeat some 40+ years 

I was there that night at VP. Electric atmosphere. We were basically playing Italy, with Platini and Boniek thrown in for good measure. 

An incredible team.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Better than going to Madrid or Milan? Not for me Clive

Probably not but it gives us the mix of great games + winnable games 

Leipzig is a pig but other than that it's a great draw 

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

City is the whole thing I’d have thought. Not an iconic ground but a great trip away vs an iconic ground, but a pretty average city.

I don’t know - I don’t travel with Villa so maybe it doesn’t matter at all and playing at a new-build in Madrid is better. 

16 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Milan is overrated as a city. It’s boring and sterile. Turin would have been nice!

**** me lads it’s not a place in the sun. I didn’t think I’d have to explain it was about the match 😂

Bruges would be an incredible place to visit. I’d love to go on a city break there. 

But I’m talking about whether I’d rather go and see us play Brugge at the Jan Breydel stadium or see us play Milan at the San Siro

• Haha 1