Champions League 2024/25 League Phase Draw

maqroll

Great draw for us. We should be confident in 3 out of the 4 away games for sure. At home, we shouldn't fear either of Bologna or Celtic. Bayern and Juventus will be tough. 

I'm predicting we win 4, draw 2, lose 2.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Bologna away would be a decent trip, especially for Italian food fans.

Decent ground and backdrop as well, considering most Italian stadiums are crumbling, brutalist slabs.

Renato Dall Ara stadium editorial photography. Image of soccer - 64784267

Oh well, I suppose Bologna at home will suffice!

• Haha 1

We have a young team.

And to experience... BIG GAMES... Champions League... Bayern... at home... Villa Park... it will be great experience for the players. 

12 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I didn't realise how much my excitement for the draw was centred around playing against Real Madrid to be honest. On paper that looks like a great return to the top table of Europe and should be amazing but I kind of just feel very "meh" about it. 

Wow, I couldn’t be further different from you.  I think it’s a fantastic draw, I’m more excited now than before.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Monaco stadium: 18.523

Young Boys stadium: 32.000

Club Brugge stadium: 29.042

Red Bull stadium: 41.122

Not a lot of room for away fans there sadly.

Monaco get about 5k fans we could easily get that many tickets.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Would be cool if we got Bayern at home at feyenoord away for the 150th

Bayern, real Madrid away, Atalanta, brugge away, feyenoord away, Celtic, Prague away, strum Graz 

Close enough!

Really happy, what its all about 

Hopefully this is the year we put our name back on the map as a European powerhouse. No reason why we can't make the quarter finals at least. 

Edited by VillaAlex

Just now, delboy54 said:

I can hear Heck cheering from here already thinking how much he can charge for those home games at VP

Will be top whack. Bayern and Juventus is enough said and Heck would've been doing endless fist pumps getting Celtic at VP aswell (they could probably sell out VP on their own).

Then everyone who can't get tickets for those three will just get Bologna ones instead just to say they've seen us play live in CL.

Can't see myself attending any of the four games but at least they'll be less demand for some of the prem home games around those so will go to a few more this season.

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Monaco get about 5k fans we could easily get that many tickets.

This is correct. I've got tickets for Champions League games there on the day twice before. Plenty of opportunities for people happy with home tickets as well...

Edited by Tomaszk