Champions League 2024/25 League Phase Draw

maqroll

Managed to get all the tougher teams at home and more winnable games away. Can't ask for better then that.

Would have been nice to visit one of the big boys in Madrid or Milan, but looking at our chances of progressing I'd say we've been quite lucky UTV

• Like 4

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It is, as everyone has pointed out, a really good draw for us.

Hopefully the Scotch and the Italians behave when they come visiting - there's every chance we can progress if we play well.

We have as winnable away games as we could hope for. Key is winning one of those and 2 at home 

• Like 1

Just now, skarroki said:

I didn't realise how much my excitement for the draw was centred around playing against Real Madrid to be honest. On paper that looks like a great return to the top table of Europe and should be amazing but I kind of just feel very "meh" about it. 

Oh well, guess we'll just have to win all our matches and play them in the quarters then 👍

I think that's a good mix of big, prestigious teams but also winnable enough games that we can also have a strong shout of getting through the initial phase. Still pinching myself that I've even seen Villa be a part of this.

I think we did well in that draw. Got a good mix. And all great clubs too. 

rematch with Munich, Doug comes home, iling Jr gets a villa park game, Stan’s dream clash, and going away to see some young boys 

Ohh matron!!

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

once they got the bull shit back slapping out the way and the actual draw started it was fantastic.

It was brilliant to watch and see our team there. The excitement of who we would be playing.

Loved it and now i've tasted it i want more. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bayern Munich, Celtic, Juventus and Bologna at VIlla Park.

Best £480 you'll ever spend!

And I think we can get a result in all 4 games. I don't think we fear any team with the Don in charge. Seriously, Unai Emery is our not so secret weapon.

• Like 1

**** me I had to go on the actual Uefa site to see the draw for us. BBC site is the worst. Why is it so hard to just list each team and then the teams they're going to play!?