Champions League 2024/25 League Phase Draw

maqroll

2 hours ago, supermon said:

I want us to draw Real Madrid, let's have a go at the best in the world.

Someone in Madrid is typing something very similar……….UTV!!!!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomC said:

I'd rather play them in the knockout rounds and watch Emi save from Mbappe to win a penalty shootout.

Rather he saved from Bellingham 😉

2 hours ago, wedge said:

One question I do have that I can't find the answer to anywhere, is that will we play one game at home then the next away (or vice versa) or is there the possibility of playing back-to-back home/away games?

Not 100% sure, but I will assume it will be teams that play back to back home/away games. If two teams that in the previous round played at home are drawn against other, it would mean that one team will get back to back home games.

1 hour ago, a-k said:

(H) Barcelona

(A) Bayern Munich

(H) Club Brugge

(A) Benfica

(H) Celtic

(A) Young Boys

(H) Stuttgart

(A) Sturm Graz

Would not mind a bit of Young Boys action 

1 hour ago, a-k said:

(H) Barcelona

(A) Bayern Munich

(H) Club Brugge

(A) Benfica

(H) Celtic

(A) Young Boys

(H) Stuttgart

(A) Sturm Graz

Celtic and Young Boys in the same draw? Yikes

If anyone lands an extra ticket for a home or away match, and doesn't mind my toxic positivity or speaking in the third person, Maqroll would Keegan it if you save him a seat.

Although it would be great to get lots of big names, I would also like 2-3 dead rubber type games at the end of the 8 group games so we can rotate the squad. We might get to a point two games to go where we've got an Estonian side to play away and we're guaranteed the middle 16 bracket. Sending a glorified under 21s would be massive for fighting hard in the league. 

Edited by skarroki
I had a lot of info wrong

8 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

The draw for the first stage of the 2024/25 Champions League will take place at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco on Thursday 29 August, 2024. A time is yet to have been confirmed.

Automated software will now randomly draw eight opponents for each team from four pots and allocate which will play at home and away.

It's not surprising they haven't set a time for the draw yet. They've only had forever to organise it. 

I think I'd prefer their wrinkly, greasy, grabby hands in the ball bag, than they're 'automated' system.

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

As I understand it their are 4 pots of 8 and due to the team's left that could qualify, pot 1 of the elite teams is already confirmed:

Madrid

Dortmund, Munich

Inter Milan

Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool

PSG

Seeing as we can't draw another English side, that means we're guaranteed 2 of those 5. I honestly don't think I could pick 2 of those teams that I'd be disappointed to face. At a push I'd say Dortmund and PSG but can hardly be devastated by it. Inter, Madrid or Munich away would be phenomenal and I would live in jealousy of whoever gets tickets. 

Although it would be great to get lots of big names, I would also like 2-3 dead rubber type games at the end of the 8 group games so we can rotate the squad. We might get to a point two games to go where we've got an Estonian side to play away and we're guaranteed the middle 16 bracket. Sending a glorified under 21s would be massive for fighting hard in the league. 

I thought Barca and Leipzig were in pot 1 and Arsenal in pot 2?

it's 9 teams per pot.