Champions League 2024/25 League Phase Draw

maqroll

A mix bag of teams is likely 1 or 2 glamour ties.  8 games to be in the top 24 of 36 to guarantee an extra 2 games minimum.

That's doable even if we draw top teams under Emery. 

Top 8 would get us into the last 16 and 9th to 24th would get us another round before round of 16.

We are more than capable of reaching the quarter finals.

• Thanks 1

Are there any of the big sides who would give us huge allocations? And therefore would be good to draw away.

It's been a bit rubbish for that last season where we generally got about 1500 average.

42 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Are there any of the big sides who would give us huge allocations? And therefore would be good to draw away.

It's been a bit rubbish for that last season where we generally got about 1500 average.

think they're required to give 5% of the stadium...so the likes of madrid, bayern, dortmund should give us a fair few

48 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

Is a computer generating a random event not technically impossible? The underlying code written by a human must follow some set logic and procedure.

Not if it's Skynet 😜 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Messy said:

Is a computer generating a random event not technically impossible? The underlying code written by a human must follow some set logic and procedure.

Yes, as I said earlier, there has to be a seed which could be the exact time the button is pushed, for example, to then start off on the set logic and procedure after which point the draw is effectively already pre-determined in the code.

2 hours ago, Mr.Messy said:

It's an algorithm created by an algorithm created by algorithm created by Dave in IT

Potential dream draw in the league phase

People will call this boring but I care about advancement nothing else

1. RB Leipzig

2. Dortmund

3. Club Brugge

4. Shaktar

5. Feyenoord

6. PSV

7. Girona

8. Sturm Graz

18 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Potential dream draw in the league phase

People will call this boring but I care about advancement nothing else

1. RB Leipzig

2. Dortmund

3. Club Brugge

4. Shaktar

5. Feyenoord

6. PSV

7. Girona

8. Sturm Graz

But to then do what?

Get man city over two legs and get knocked out?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turvontour said:

Barcelona, give you 10,000 I think

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But to then do what?

Hopefully get another favorable draw

50 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But to then do what?

I'd rather make it out of the group stage then get thrashed by Real Madrid in it. So yes, easiest draw possible please. The attitude of just being happy to be there and maybe play a top team is embarrassing and small time.

We've waited 40 years to be back in this comp and I don't want us to do a Newcastle and be a laughing stock and dumped out in humiliating fashion. A deep run would be amazing for the club.

• Like 1

Just now, R.Bear said:

I'd rather make it out of the group stage then get thrashed by Real Madrid in it. So yes, easiest draw possible please. The attitude of just being happy to be there and maybe play a top team is embarrassing and small time.

We've waited 40 years to be back in this comp and I don't want us to do a Newcastle and be a laughing stock and dumped out in humiliating fashion. A deep run would be amazing for the club.

Newcastle were a bit unlucky I thought last year. They had that memorable night at home to PSG with a convincing win and they should've won over there but were done by 96th minute dodgy penalty. Still 4 points from PSG was good and they got a solid 0-0 away to AC Milan.

The two losses to Dortmund looked poor at the time but less so as they made the final.

Man. United was the far more humiliating one to finish bottom of the group they were in.

If we replicate Newcastle by getting 5 points from the first 6 and then beat the two weakest teams that will be 11 points and I assume that should be good enough to get through given only eight teams are eliminated. They'll be a few teams finishing on 3-4 points you'd imagine.

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Newcastle weren't humiliated, the whole perception around this is stupid, in 2/3 years time the only people who will remember their CL campaign is them and they'll have fond memories of it, they played Dortmund psg and Milan, the whole point of being there

Playing 8 "easy" ties just to say we got out the group and then losing to a top team just seems like a waste of time

Non one outside of us will remember it anyway 

Can you remember who arsenal played in the group stage last year? Can you remember who knocked them out? It means nothing apart from the fans