Champions League 2024/25 League Phase Draw

maqroll

The draw is next week! 

A thread then, to discuss the draw beforehand, and as it happens...

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

Bayern at home in the 150th year anniversary 

Real Madrid away

Celtic at home and hope we dick em 6-0

Some class easy to get to away trips for the boys (Prague away as a starter)

Edit - and I can't wait for a 60 minute set from Shakira and UEFAs old men chatting shit for another 60 before the draw which no one understands actually happens 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bayern at home in the 150th year anniversary 

Real Madrid away

Celtic at home and hope we dick em 6-0

Some class easy to get to away trips for the boys (Prague away as a starter)

Edit - and I can't wait for a 60 minute set from Shakira and UEFAs old men chatting shit for another 60 before the draw which no one understands actually happens 

The two Prague teams and Bratislava are all in the play off round - those would be the closest trips for me.

I want a big home tie up first as I might be able to make that date.

Biggest nightmare will be trying to get tickets for any CL games. 20 minutes after the Everton tickets go online sale for claret & blue members they've all gone! Damn.

5 minutes ago, peterw said:

Biggest nightmare will be trying to get tickets for any CL games. 20 minutes after the Everton tickets go online sale for claret & blue members they've all gone! Damn.

No they’ve not. Loads left. 

As it's done by a computer this yr  they could just click a button and all the fixtures appear but i would hope they still keep some kind of "draw element" by doing it in stages/fixture by fixture for entertainment value eventhough its not necessary.

Edited by villanmac

30 minutes ago, peterw said:

The site is playing up bigtime.  Loads available, then shows all gone, then loads available again 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Anyone know what time we'll know on the 29th? I'm on holiday but I don't want to miss it.

The draw for the first stage of the 2024/25 Champions League will take place at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco on Thursday 29 August, 2024. A time is yet to have been confirmed.

Automated software will now randomly draw eight opponents for each team from four pots and allocate which will play at home and away.

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

The draw for the first stage of the 2024/25 Champions League will take place at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco on Thursday 29 August, 2024. A time is yet to have been confirmed.

Automated software will now randomly draw eight opponents for each team from four pots and allocate which will play at home and away.

Automated software will make the draw.

I bet we still get Man United away. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, supermon said:

I want us to draw Real Madrid, let's have a go at the best in the world.

I'd rather play them in the knockout rounds and watch Emi save from Mbappe to win a penalty shootout.

Whilst we will find out our eight opponents and whether we'll face them home or away on Thursday 29th August. We won't know the actual match dates/times until Saturday 31st it seems:

UEFA Club Competitions 2024/25 onwards: new league phase draw procedures explained

"Even though the teams will know all their opponents by the end of the draw, the fixture list with match dates and kick-off times will be elaborated afterwards and announced on Saturday 31 August, to ensure no calendar clashes with teams in UEFA Europa League and UEFA Conference League playing in the same cities."

One question I do have that I can't find the answer to anywhere, is that will we play one game at home then the next away (or vice versa) or is there the possibility of playing back-to-back home/away games?