Nigel

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Don't get so rattled, I'm just giving an honest assessment of both games. The second game was a tactical masterclass I agree but Arsenal were also wasteful.

I'm not rattled at all. A lot of the Arsenal fans say that they dominated us at Villa. But once we scored we didn't need to attack in the same way. We'd won about the last 12 home games in a row up until that. If you're winning and just beaten mam city, it's pretty unlikely the other team is going to turn it around. 

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I'm not rattled at all. A lot of the Arsenal fans say that they dominated us at Villa. But once we scored we didn't need to attack in the same way. We'd won about the last 12 home games in a row up until that. If you're winning and just beaten mam city, it's pretty unlikely the other team is going to turn it around. 

Yeah they think they deserved to win their home game too. I disagree with them on that, I think they were better first half, us second half, and overall Unai outwitted Arteta.

I do think they were very, very unlucky in the first game though. You say we didn't need to attack, if they get that penalty or get given the disallowed goal they probably get at least a point.

Really looking forward to this, I have a horrible feeling that we're going to win.  We're at Woburn Centerparcs watching it. Seen lots of Arsenal, sadly no Villa. The boys and I will definitely be the loud minority!

I'd imagine it will be the same starting 11. The only change I see possibly happening is Carlos for Cash and Konsa playing right back but I doubt it.

The bench could be interesting. Emery has intimated Barrenechea may well be involved and if that is the case Barkley could well miss out.

I fancy us in this and can envisage a fast start from us with VP rocking. 2-0 Villa. 

53 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If Zinchenko starts, we should be targeting him from the opening whistle. Give Leon the ball and go right at Zinchenko.

Arteta wouldn't make the same mistake again?

This will be a tough one, 3 in a row over Arsenal would be great but I suspect a draw or Arsenal win is more likely. Watkins looked rusty last week so I think we're another few weeks away from seeing him at full speed.

Please prove me wrong.

Shouldn’t have any fear.

No reason Emery doesn’t continue to flex is alpha Basque dominance over Arteta.

If do the double on Arsenal and Man City cop deliverance in the form of a points deduction mid season - any reason we couldn’t take the league this year?

2 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Shouldn’t have any fear.

No reason Emery doesn’t continue to flex is alpha Basque dominance over Arteta.

If do the double on Arsenal and Man City cop deliverance in the form of a points deduction mid season - any reason we couldn’t take the league this year?

Emery PL average: 1.88 points per game

Arteta PL average: 1.95 points per game

6 - 35 x (1.95 - 1.88) = 4.55 leaders over Arsenal come the end of the season.

IMG_3036.jpeg.c33a5cc0181dfc81e17e4ae9344a8cb2.jpeg

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Don't get so rattled, I'm just giving an honest assessment of both games. The second game was a tactical masterclass I agree but Arsenal were also wasteful.

First half. Second half we completely dominated for about 20 minutes before Bailey scored so plenty of revisionism I'm hearing from the pundits saying Arsenal should've comfortably won both games.

At VP we were hanging on for long periods but as said we'd played out of our skin to beat Man. City 70 hours before and that inevitably will take a mental and physical toll compared to a free week to prepare as we've just had.

• Like 3