Nigel

It will be interesting to see what the game plan is for this one. At home last season we went at them from the off, got the early goal and then played on the counter. At Emirates we sat deep first half and then played a more expansive game in the second half. The atmosphere is going to be lively so I hope we play on the front foot from the first whistle.

4 hours ago, bakers29 said:

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area but will the club shop be open today prior to the game? Or even this morning?

I would say so 

11 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Some rumours saying Saliba and Jesus not in training for Arsenal 

Jesus out with a groin injury apparently. Not sure that makes a big difference to us. Not seen anything about Saliba, that would be a real bonus.

Sky sports have smashed the pre game promo graphic. 

Unai standing front of Lego pep with a great big shit eating grin on his face. Arteta standing all grumpy behind him like someone's stole the jam from his donut.

Perfect 

We got very lucky in this fixture last season to be fair. We scored early but didn't really do anything for the rest of the game and they had a lot of chances to score as well as a clear penalty that wasn't given and a disallowed goal that was probably the right call but was still controversial. Could argue we were fatigued from the City game three days earlier but it wasn't our best performance.

In the away fixture we also got lucky in the first half as they missed a lot of chances. We were excellent in the 2nd half though and dominated in the main.

Hopefully we will not give them as may chances as we did in the home game last season (or the first half of the away game) because I don't think they will be so profligate this time. 

They are a very good side and better than us but I feel if we win the midfield battle with Onana-Tielemans-McGinn and get Bailey running at Zinchenko we can get a result. I'd take a draw.

I must admit reading their forums you can see why they are considered one of the most arrogant and delusional fans in the country.

12 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Some rumours saying Saliba and Jesus not in training for Arsenal 

Saliba is outstanding so the Italian lad coming in for his full debut will certainly have his hands full against Ollie.

I think they'll continue with Havertz upfront so Jesus would just be an option off the bench.

Going to be a good game today, high scoring draw is where the smart money is going I think.

35 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We got very lucky in this fixture last season to be fair. We scored early but didn't really do anything for the rest of the game and they had a lot of chances to score as well as a clear penalty that wasn't given and a disallowed goal that was probably the right call but was still controversial. Could argue we were fatigued from the City game three days earlier but it wasn't our best performance.

In the away fixture we also got lucky in the first half as they missed a lot of chances. We were excellent in the 2nd half though and dominated in the main.

Hopefully we will not give them as may chances as we did in the home game last season (or the first half of the away game) because I don't think they will be so profligate this time. 

They are a very good side and better than us but I feel if we win the midfield battle with Onana-Tielemans-McGinn and get Bailey running at Zinchenko we can get a result. I'd take a draw.

I must admit reading their forums you can see why they are considered one of the most arrogant and delusional fans in the country.

Do you think that if we hadn't been winning the game for the whole match, we wouldn't have created any chances?

On the Arsenal away game, it was identical to Tottenham away where we let them wear themselves out in the first half and then take complete control in the second. That was the tactic, Watkins even said it in his interview. 

Edited by turvontour

20 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Do you think that if we hadn't been winning the game for the whole match, we wouldn't have created any chances?

On the Arsenal away game, it was identical to Tottenham away where we let them wear themselves out in the first half and then take complete control in the second. That was the tactic, Watkins even said it in his interview. 

Don't get so rattled, I'm just giving an honest assessment of both games. The second game was a tactical masterclass I agree but Arsenal were also wasteful.