Nigel

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Ramsey looked very sharp when he came on, could he be ahead of McGinn? With Rogers, Ramsey, Ollie , Bailey we are very strong in attack, could see this game being a high scoring epic. They might be favourites but they will be nervous, let's knock their lights out.

I've pondered the same thing.  I'm hoping one of those new rule change thingies will let us play 12 and ignore VAR except for offside when we are pushing a high line.   Barring that.... I am just loathe to start with SJM on the bench, but certainly understand the offensive potential of Ollie and Rogers up top and Ramsey and Bailey on the wings.  I just fear that playing Ramsey and Bailey leaves to much opportunity to attack the wings.  Ramsey is better defensively than Bailey.  That's why I would start SJM ahead of Bailey and bring Bailey on later to replace SJM or Rogers depending on what is happening in the match.  I think SJM gives us a better balance offence/defense and middle/wing.  But in Unai I trust.

• Like 1

They can hurt us, arguably they should have done better against us last season, so I expect them to score at least once. We are also capable of hurting them, more so this season and I can see us hitting them at speed as we are now officially 'speed merchants'. I'm going 1-1 and I'd take that right now.

Arsenal Predicted XI: Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Partey, Rice, Odegaard, Saka Havertz, Martinelli

Will be interesting to see if Onana and Tielemans can come out on top against Odegaard and Rice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Arsenal Predicted XI: Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Partey, Rice, Odegaard, Saka Havertz, Martinelli

Will be interesting to see if Onana and Tielemans can come out on top against Odegaard and Rice.

Looking at it like that they have a stronger starting 11,  but we have Unai!

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Looking at it like that they have a stronger starting 11,  but we have Unai!

Its no stronger than it was last season and we have strengthened since then. I think we can easily beat them but feel a draw is most likely. I'm not that happy about the ref tbh, Michael Oliver, but at least he can't send Doug off this time but be warned he's not been particularly kind to us in the past and Arsenal pressure refs and he's one to bend, IMHO.

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

There's no game I want us to win more than this one. The disrespect Unai receives from these weird Arsenal fans is so over the top, I hope we shut them up for good on Saturday 

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

As long as Zinchenko plays they have a very obvious weakness that we will ruthlessly target. 

• Like 3

It Villa win this I feel it will give the team such confidence for the season ahead.

I'm talking in terms of finishing high again in the league!

Onana can dominate Rice, I'm certain of it. Odegaard seems to play well against us but maybe Onana can make the difference.

I echo some of the other posters about Arsenal, their fans and Arteta are very dislikeable and I think this is the team I most want to see Villa beat.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

There's no game I want us to win more than this one. The disrespect Unai receives from these weird Arsenal fans is so over the top, I hope we shut them up for good on Saturday 

Judging by social media, they are even more  desperate to beat us. There’s some proper hate going on. Bring it on.

17 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Judging by social media, they are even more  desperate to beat us. There’s some proper hate going on. Bring it on.

If we win it'll be 6 wins in the last 10 against them, 3 in a row under their most hated manager. They'll be seething. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

They do seem very salty online. It’s almost as if it was our fault they bottled the league last year. 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The last thing they will do is shut up

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Very tough game but we beat them twice last season and I’m thinking Onana could tip this one in a favour again. He’s a monster and think he’ll have the better of Rice.  

Martinez 

Cash     Konsa    Pau      Digne

Onana      Tielemans

Bailey         McGinn       Rogers

Watkins

Subs: Gauci, Nedeljkovic, Maatsen, Carlos, Barkley, Ramsey, Philogene, Buendia, Duran

60/70 minutes in and unleash the bench again. I think it’ll be a great tussle, it’ll be close but I think we’ll sneak it in the end. Villa Park will look glorious and nothing better than a full house under the lights.  2-1 win UTV 

Edit - sounds like Cash is fit and in the squad for tomorrow 👍

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

They are still smarting from last season, you can depend on that. For some reason, I sense a few goals, so either 3 - 2 in our favour, or 2 - 2. Either one of those results, I would be content with. A raucous, packed Villa Park might just give us the edge, let's hope so. 

Come on me Babbys!!

Edited by sheepyvillian