Nigel

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Rogers has to start surely

I know what you're saying, but I just have a funny feeling that Ramsay is on the edge of something remarkable yet inevitable this autumn. But I'd be fine with Rogers there, too. It's great we have some options suddenly, as we're surely going to need them and maybe another with CL football looming.

17 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

lineup(1).png

Makes more sense than Maqroll.   But still, this won't be it either.  Rogers will start somewhere.  Maatson is possible, but suspect Digne will start there for more defensive experience v Saka.  I suspect it will be Ramsey or McGinn on the left mid to give more defensive help there.   I think Bailey may start on the bench and come in for Rogers at second forward or McGinn on the right at 60 minutes plus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

Makes more sense than Maqroll.   But still, this won't be it either.  Rogers will start somewhere.  Maatson is possible, but suspect Digne will start there for more defensive experience v Saka.  I suspect it will be Ramsey or McGinn on the left mid to give more defensive help there.   I think Bailey may start on the bench and come in for Rogers at second forward or McGinn on the right at 60 minutes plus.

Understood. I always treat these as speculative rather than predictive (I think prematch lineups is an element of football forum culture I've never got.) If we're talking prediction, Emery will go with the same iineup as vs. West Ham.

On 19/08/2024 at 13:32, maqroll said:

Tricky call. You don't want to shake Leon's confidence after one lackluster game, but at the same time, we want to rotate. 

I'd keep Leon in. He set up SJM for the winner at VP and then scored at the Emirates so he's been lively v Arsenal in recent times.

Would rather play every single midfielder we have against Man. City when the time comes as that worked incredibly well last season.

Will be same team as west ham unless Maatsen is good to start. If Cash is injured then Carlos comes in and Konsa at RB as would be brave to throw Kosta in at the deep end. 

Bailey comes alive in the big games so has to start. We will need a big game from McGinn from the left into the middle as well so Ramsey remains a bench option. 

Try and boss the game from the start and then bring on Maatsen, Ramsey and Duran to see it out or to get the winner. 

33 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

if this is what we’re up against, im not sure we even have a chance. Best to just write this one off 

The lightbulb he's holding as a prop for dramatic effect to enhance his high school poetry level metaphor...

I can't XD

On 19/08/2024 at 22:18, beachboys1 said:

some rumours on twitter ground wont be ready for saturday

We have plenty on the bench to cover

Although we took 6 pts off these last season, I feel there was elements of luck specially at home, Odegard missed 2 sitters & away 1st half Arsenal played some stunning football at times, nothing taking away our results as 2nd half away at Arsenal thought we were excellent & deserved winners come final whistle, were going to have a performance like that 2nd half away or even the performance against Man city to get points from this game, anything less & Arsenal will collect all 3 points. Be a great marker for both sides to see where we're both at this early in the season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

if this is what we’re up against, im not sure we even have a chance. Best to just write this one off 

Is this Arteta having a light bulb moment

IMG_0588.jpeg.2b4347cfc0e975a8d8c09a66c15dd24a.jpeg

• Haha 1

I find the current iteration of Arsenal to be preposterously performative, from the fans to the players to the coaching staff, but as well as that they're an absolutely excellent team. Would gladly take a point on Saturday as coming away with 4/6 from those opening pair of games ahead of a comparatively kind run of fixtures would set us up brilliantly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He's took a big chance allowing his tactical talk to be leaked, bet Emery and his backroom staff are busy studying and countering his bulb talk, bring out the candles. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

I hope Ollie is up for it.  Him with Rogers could be dynamite if they are clicking.

If he is not we release the beast!

Ramsey looked very sharp when he came on, could he be ahead of McGinn? With Rogers, Ramsey, Ollie , Bailey we are very strong in attack, could see this game being a high scoring epic. They might be favourites but they will be nervous, let's knock their lights out.