Nigel

They will be so up for this and it's very important that we match their intensity from the first minute. The new recruits will hopefully not be too overwhelmed by a packed, expectant Villa Park crowd because we have seen some, from the past, let their game become affected by the tension in such games.

To be honest, I would be satisfied with a draw, especially after our 3 points at the weekend .

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

My suspicion is that Emery's going to nudge our defense high and draw back our attacking midfield a bit and deliberately congest the centre of the pitch. That's the platform our counterattack will launch from in super-fast transitions. Could start off as a somewhat fiddly match. As the match goes on, we may open up a bit?

Early goal will be key, but we'll fight and win if we're down.

I'm going Villa over Arsenal at 2-1.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

They will be so up for this and it's very important that we match their intensity from the first minute. The new recruits will hopefully not be too overwhelmed by a packed, expectant Villa Park crowd because we have seen some, from the past, let their game become affected by the tension in such games.

To be honest, I would be satisfied with a draw, especially after our 3 points at the weekend .

100% take a draw against the team that lost out on the title by a point. I reckon most would agree. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I know my geography isn’t the greatest but something tells me this commercial isn’t accurate…

Holy sh*t, that's embarrassing. Is the Englishman voiceover AI-generated? If a real person, surely he'd have known what he was reading was incorrect? Even English people who despise football and actively avoid it would know Aston Villa aren't from London, wouldn't they? Big yikes from NBC Sports, I hope they're getting roasted on Twatter.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, maqroll said:

image.png.f6cb82d4c5105e81d06deb335e1e9d46.png

horrible idea to go three at the back.  horrible idea to start (or play) Barkley.  and you have onana and Tielemans on the wrong sides.  You been in the sauce already?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

horrible idea to go three at the back.  horrible idea to start (or play) Barkley.  and you have onana and Tielemans on the wrong sides.  You been in the sauce already?

Watch and learn, compadre. 

Pin on Stuff and Thangs

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, maqroll said:

image.png.f6cb82d4c5105e81d06deb335e1e9d46.png

In general, I love these pre-match lineups because they have a handy way of revealing fresh ways of thinking about our players. This is an interesting speculative set-up that -- in some ways -- does make sense vs. this Arsenal. It almost seeks to do to Arsenal what both Holland and England tried to do against one another in the England-Netherlands Euros match, and that Holland was initially successful in. I'm leery of Barkley versus Arsenal, and Rogers and Ramsey starting asymmetrically is interesting. Did I miss the news today and Bailey is out? Can't see us not starting Bailey.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I know my geography isn’t the greatest but something tells me this commercial isn’t accurate…

Wow, that is epically bad 🤯 And NBC has been so good with their coverage here, typically top notch, but this is awful 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

horrible idea to go three at the back. 

Another way to look at it would be five at the back with Onana and Tielemans dropping back more.

15 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

some rumours on twitter ground wont be ready for saturday

I'm not going to bother going then!