Nigel

Confident we'll have too much for them in the first game of the season back at home and after a gutsy win, and with the pressure on them to not lose 3 in a row to us.  

Won't be easy though of course as they are a top side.  2-1 Watkins and Rogers

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I believe we can go toe to toe with them 

Hit them early and let's see how they react 

They rely on starting strong so if we can get a early goal, it'll knock them out of their game plan

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd bring Ramsey in for Bailey.

McGinn over to the right.

Confident Calafiori will come in for them. Big rampaging Italian horse. Scottish warthog required to deal with him.

Tricky call. You don't want to shake Leon's confidence after one lackluster game, but at the same time, we want to rotate. 

Straight after their win on Saturday they are already discussing about Emery and why he’s not as good as Arteta (their words). They are so obsessed with Emery and still believe he’s not a top manager 😂. Even at work, my colleagues think we fluked our wins vs them. They are insufferable!

11 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Straight after their win on Saturday they are already discussing about Emery and why he’s not as good as Arteta (their words). They are so obsessed with Emery and still believe he’s not a top manager 😂. Even at work, my colleagues think we fluked our wins vs them. They are insufferable!

It's actually impressive how unhinged their fanbase is.  It take a lot of effort to be more annoying than United and Liverpool fans, but somehow they manage it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It's actually impressive how unhinged their fanbase is.  It take a lot of effort to be more annoying than United and Liverpool fans, but somehow they manage it.

It’s incredible how they can still dislike Emery after 5 years? I could care less about Gerrard for example because I’m enjoying the time we are managed by Emery. 

I’ve had to deal with them since secondary school days living in London, so you can imagine how long I’ve had to put up with their nonsense. 

• Like 1

------------------------------------Watkins------------------------------------------------
----------------------------Rogers----------------------------------------------------------
Ramsey--------------Tielemans-------Onana------------------------McGinn
Maatsen--------------Pau---------------Konsa-----------------------------Cash
------------------------------------Martinez-----------------------------------------------

Is how I'd go. Can't see Emery throwing Maatsen in though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

------------------------------------Watkins------------------------------------------------
----------------------------Rogers----------------------------------------------------------
Ramsey--------------Tielemans-------Onana------------------------McGinn
Maatsen--------------Pau---------------Konsa-----------------------------Cash
------------------------------------Martinez-----------------------------------------------

Is how I'd go. Can't see Emery throwing Maatsen in though. 

This is what I’d go for too. Pace and power or Rogers and Ramsey with Bailey waiting in the wings to come on for whoever fades the most. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Tricky call. You don't want to shake Leon's confidence after one lackluster game, but at the same time, we want to rotate. 

Leon will absolutely be coming on and wreaking havoc.

As Emery once said of Bailey "Leon...I need more".

He was fine against Ham, not a 'droppable' performance, but we're coming up against probably the best team in the league and Ramsey looked ready to go. We need McGinn on the pitch against a team like that from the off IMO. Rogers obviously starts, so Leon can shine from the bench again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd bring Ramsey in for Bailey.

McGinn over to the right.

Confident Calafiori will come in for them. Big rampaging Italian horse. Scottish warthog required to deal with him.

Warthog vs. Horse, a tale as old as time 🤣

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Saka is their biggest threat so we need to be solid down that side. I'd go with Digne and maybe Ramsey.

We have seen Emery trial stuff for specific games in advance. I wonder if he was trying McGinn on the left vs West Sham with one eye on Saka. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VillaTO said:

We have seen Emery trial stuff for specific games in advance. I wonder if he was trying McGinn on the left vs West Sham with one eye on Saka. 

Fair shout. Timber looks like he can play at attacking full back role too.