Weekends Football 16/18 August/MNF 19 August

andykeenan

Amazing that Saints and Leicester were such stable pl clubs for so long and all it takes is one relegation and they are completely screwed.

Scary really.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Amazing that Saints and Leicester were such stable pl clubs for so long and all it takes is one relegation and they are completely screwed.

Scary really.

Wouldn't say Leicester were ever a stale PL club. They finished 5th,5th and 8th in the three seasons before the season they went down and won an FA Cup. They got a couple of transfer windows wrong and never recovered and are still paying the price for it now.

Very easy for Spurs, huge gulf in quality. Leicester will tire aswell by hour mark so surprised if this isn't 3-0. Good news is we're playing Leicester in less than two weeks.

I know they're hampered by FFP still but they genuinely can't be planning to start Vardy every game? No hope of decent build up with him up there anymore.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Very easy for Spurs, huge gulf in quality. Leicester will tire aswell by hour mark so surprised if this isn't 3-0. Good news is we're playing Leicester in less than two weeks.

I know they're hampered by FFP still but they genuinely can't be planning to start Vardy every game? No hope of decent build up with him up there anymore.

FFP is just the death for promoted clubs

I think things needs to change because this can't be right.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Al the promoted clubs do

Saints couln't even get a dra w to a 10 man newcastle

Ipswich looked ok for  45 minutes

Southampton-Forest is a big game on Saturday. If you're newly promoted you need to be getting 5-6 wins against bottom half. Last season likes of Burnley and Sheffield United just lost every week at home. Luton only won 5 home games in the end.

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

FFP is just the death for promoted clubs

I think things needs to change because this can't be right.

Yes what we can't have is the three promoted clubs getting relegated every season. 

1 hour ago, MachoFantastico said:

Think Solanke could be a great buy for the Spuds. 

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think Solanke might be an expensive flop. He's had one good season in the Premier League. 

Who is right???? 

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes what we can't have is the three promoted clubs getting relegated every season. 

But why would 17 of the PL clubs vote for anything different?

You'll have say 5-7 teams wanting FFP to protect them from the EFL clubs and you'll have the top 6 voting to protect themselves from the other 14

Can't see it changing any time soon. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Leicester offer nothing. The gap between the Prem and Championship widens every year. It's not great for future of English football.

All of the three losing opening fixture not a great look is it

Still early days of course but damn not a lot of quality in these squads

Just now, villa4europe said:

But why would 17 of the PL clubs vote for anything different?

You'll have say 5-7 teams wanting FFP to protect them from the EFL clubs and you'll have the top 6 voting to protect themselves from the other 14

Can't see it changing any time soon. 

It's true

But jesus christ are we lucky we got promoted when we did.

It's scary when you think about it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Me - he'll be ok, he'll get some goals, might even fire them to CL but same old spurs he won't fire them to actually winning anything 

I don’t see them anywhere near the top 4, it’s insane how many teams are now fighting for those spots (I think you’re right in Solanke though, he’ll get somewhere between 8-12 goals is my guess).

Will Spurs be able to maintain this level of pressing fo the whole season especially considering europe?

Think they might struggle later on

Ange done a solid job with them. Little reminiscent of Bielsa tho

Leceister have the stench of relegation about them already. They look like Shef Utd last season in which the squad actually gets weaker during the summer transfer window, plus they will get deducted points. Not sure why Cooper took the job on other than it's just down the road from Nottingham.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â