Weekends Football 16/18 August/MNF 19 August

andykeenan

Just now, VillaChris said:

All the promoted teams going to be useless again this season aren't they?

Would be good for Southampton to get something off Newcastle today.

Saw Southampton signed Juan from Sao Paulo in the week too

Juan, Archer, Bereton Diaz should at least gone down swinging 

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

All the promoted teams going to be useless again this season aren't they?

Would be good for Southampton to get something off Newcastle today.

FFP has screwed them over

It will result in the gap from EFL and PL widening every year

And that's not just the top clubs

Even a side like Fulham have a way and I mean WAY stronger squad than Ipswich and Saints

Edited by Pinebro

Just now, Pinebro said:

FFP has screwed them over

It will result in the gap from EFL and PL widening every year

Getting to the situation where we need a moneybags type Wrexham team to make it as plenty of decent players would want to sign for them in the prem.

I don't mind one team coming up and living within their means like Luton did last year but all three doing the same tends to make the relegation battle pretty boring.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Burn was having a go at Brereton Diaz and then both started scuffling.

I loved Joelinton getting into the tunnel too late and trying really hard to try to find a way to get near enough to the front before the trouble ended.

Too slow.

As ever.

• Haha 2

Burn was having a go at Brereton Diaz and then both started scuffling.

Yes, more Newcastle players should interact with Diaz outside the normal course of play. A great tactic. 5/5, would recommend.

I think the key to staying up as a promoted team is that it take two goes - you get promoted, spend the chunk of money from one season in the Prem wisely on young players that improve you, go down, come up again a better side two seasons later and hope to then add enough quality to hang on.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Getting to the situation where we need a moneybags type Wrexham team to make it as plenty of decent players would want to sign for them in the prem.

I don't mind one team coming up and living within their means like Luton did last year but all three doing the same tends to make the relegation battle pretty boring.

It's how the Premier League wanted it.

I think they have been wanting to do this for a while but us and Newcastle disrupting the  establishment probably accelerated the process

Edited by Pinebro

I miss the excitement of when Blackpool came up and fully committed to "Damn the torpedoes" style of play.

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And just as an addition to the season ending Danilo injury - it came from one of those clearly offside periods of play where the linesman didn't raise his flag because he's instructed to see how play develops first. I'm sure Tyrone Mings will sympathise - worst rule in the league.

How many injuries will it take to change this ridiculous rule?

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

How many injuries will it take to change this ridiculous rule?

For one of the Sky 6? Approximately 1.

For the rest of us? Cue up Drowning Pool on your phone, because we're going to let the bodies hit the floor.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And just as an addition to the season ending Danilo injury - it came from one of those clearly offside periods of play where the linesman didn't raise his flag because he's instructed to see how play develops first. I'm sure Tyrone Mings will sympathise - worst rule in the league.

Didn’t Harvey Elliott come back in the same season after snapping his ankle? Looked like as similar injury. Nasty either way.

6 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Shrek actually winning a football game?

Well I certainly put the hex on that :crylaugh:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â