Weekends Football 16/18 August/MNF 19 August

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That's the Adidas system. The Prem didn't want to use that system, as I guess they want to dictate the way it is used, so are using another system which they can program how the pgmol want it to work, not how it should work. 🤦‍♀️

Ohhh that makes sense.  The system that they want will check the badge of each team first before making a decision. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Milner and Young first played together for Villa in August 2008.

Kosta Nedeljkovic was two.

What's scary about that is Milner should've come back in August 2006 but Newcastle pulled out of the deal at the last minute so him and Young could've played together for us in Jan 2007!

Huge respect for both. Maximised their potential and careers which is all you can ask. Think both will go into coaching/management when they finally finish so we might see one back at VP one day perhaps.

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the disparity in this league 

This whole doing a villa doing a Fulham stuff, that's the grim reality of the EFL, the championship is full of older guys, loans and players who aren't good enough, the days of wolves and Newcastle coming up as prem ready are dead, everyone needs to spend £100m to even get a sniff

Fulham did really well coming up in 2022, signed likes of Paliniha, Tete and Andreas Periera but not all promoted teams can attract that calibre of international standard player.

Forest got lucky with their random strategy of signing 50 players every summer and hoping 5 will work out.

Leicester should stay up as they have prem experienced manager but their squad dosen't look that great and they'll get hit with a 4-5 point deduction at some stage.

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sorry, May 2010!

I found the game (a loss to Blackburn), counted the right number of years then typed the wrong year anyway. :)

West Ham 3-0 on the opening day of 2010 season was last time Milner played for us, was magnificent that day. Young was also playing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Ham 3-0 on the opening day of 2010 season was last time Milner played for us, was magnificent that day. Young was also playing.

Quite right, I looked at him leaving in 2010 and assumed he'd left at the end of the season.

50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The evergreen Ashley Young starts for Everton today

And Iroegbunam starts

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Danilo broken leg.

Thought he was dead with all those covers round him, not just a leg injury.  😂

Bad news getting that first game of the season.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Thought he was dead with all those covers round him, not just a leg injury.  😂

From what I can gather it's a compound fracture, the full bend. Doubt we'll see him again this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

It's usually us.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

From what I can gather it's a compound fracture, the full bend. Doubt we'll see him again this season.

Having seen a compound fracture on a stadium jumbotron, I appreciate their deployment of the flags.

(This was "just" someone's forearm and they were running off the field with it)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â