Weekends Football 16/18 August/MNF 19 August

andykeenan

Just now, Mic09 said:

What's for sure is that if this was 2023, and Salah was wearing an Ed Sheeran inspired shirt, that would have been off. 

100%.   
What happened to the automated offside they introduced this season?  The pics in grey and white looked amazing, I thought they’d be showing them every offside decision.

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

100%.   
What happened to the automated offside they introduced this season?  The pics in grey and white looked amazing, I thought they’d be showing them every offside decision.

It's 'not ready' yet.

They're talking about introducing it later in the season.

Which presumably means once they've ensured their favourites have been looked after first.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

All promoted clubs to go straight back down again?

Will be interesting to see

I think that's pretty likely - I'm not even sure the bookies will give you much of a return on it.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

All promoted clubs to go straight back down again?

Will be interesting to see

That's the disparity in this league 

This whole doing a villa doing a Fulham stuff, that's the grim reality of the EFL, the championship is full of older guys, loans and players who aren't good enough, the days of wolves and Newcastle coming up as prem ready are dead, everyone needs to spend £100m to even get a sniff

8 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Nothing special about this Ipswich team.

Just a hard working team with very little quality

I'd be amazed if they stayed up

Who said was anything special about them?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's the disparity in this league 

This whole doing a villa doing a Fulham stuff, that's the grim reality of the EFL, the championship is full of older guys, loans and players who aren't good enough, the days of wolves and Newcastle coming up as prem ready are dead, everyone needs to spend £100m to even get a sniff

And you can't spend 100 M now. 

You are not allowed.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Who said was anything special about them?

Scholes and that Ipswich fan on the fan debate at The Overlap predicted top 12 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that's pretty likely - I'm not even sure the bookies will give you much of a return on it.

I give Leicester a fighting chance since Maresca is gone

Iroegbunam starting for Everton. Didn't expect him to break into the team straight away, but I guess Everton don't have a whole load of options after selling Onana to us.

• Like 1

Just now, Ceemo said:

Iroegbunam starting for Everton. Didn't expect him to break into the team straight away, but I guess Everton don't have a whole load of options after selling Onana to us.

Tim looked far from ready last season.

Interesting to see if Dyche can get more out of him

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

And you can't spend 100 M now. 

You are not allowed.

That why clubs will vote for FFP

It's not about looking up at the top 6 thinking you can't catch them it's about looking at the 72 EFL clubs thinking they can't catch you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's 'not ready' yet.

They're talking about introducing it later in the season.

Which presumably means once they've ensured their favourites have been looked after first.

Does some strange to introduce it part way through the season. If it's not ready at the start of this season then it should not get used for the entire season.

• Like 1

The Twitter account @PLMatchCentre seems to be posting all the VAR calls plus the reasoning behind each one. Ipswich definitely offside for the penalty shout. 

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

Does some strange to introduce it part way through the season. If it's not ready at the start of this season then it should not get used for the entire season.

And it’s been ready and used around Europe for at least 12 months now.  So why isn’t it ready in the PL?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

And it’s been ready and used around Europe for at least 12 months now.  So why isn’t it ready in the PL?

That's the Adidas system. The Prem didn't want to use that system, as I guess they want to dictate the way it is used, so are using another system which they can program how the pgmol want it to work, not how it should work. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The evergreen Ashley Young starts for Everton today - he'll be making James Milner feel younger.

When was the last time they both played for us?

I checked - it was just over fourteen years ago in May 2011. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â