Weekends Football 16/18 August/MNF 19 August

andykeenan

Stockholm derby between Djurgården and AIK is lively. No players sent off yet but 1 coach from either side given red cards. 45 mins + added time to go.

Just now, troon_villan said:

Re the Eze free kick.

If VAR applied common sense, they should say well even if there was a collision it did not affect the goal in any way and allow it

The whistle was blown before it hit the back of the net

Not a good opening weekend for officials but they have gone into another season with a ridiculous process for the use of VAR.

You can still get the exact same incident where ref gives pen and VAR backs in, ref doesn't give pen and VAR backs it. I can't understand why they don't just decide what is or isn't a pen and then have that decision making consistent across on field and VAR officials, at least everyone is on the same page then.

3 minutes ago, troon_villan said:

Re the Eze free kick.

If VAR applied common sense, they should say well even if there was a collision it did not affect the goal in any way and allow it

they said the ref whistled as the ball was in mid flight, and before it went in, so chalked off.

i agree re the so called foul, if the ref hadnt whistled, the so called foul was irrelevant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

they said the ref whistled as the ball was in mid flight, and before it went in, so chalked off.

i agree re the so called foul, if the ref hadnt whistled, the so called foul was irrelevant.

I don't think it was a foul, he stood his ground and the Brentford player tripped over him. Last season ref would have let play go on then chalk the goal off using VAR.(the goal would have stood in this case) 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

I don't think it was a foul, he stood his ground and the Brentford player tripped over him. Last season ref would have let play go on then chalk the goal off using VAR.(the goal would have stood in this case) 

maybe, but the ref got whitle happy before the ball went in, so i guess it couldnt count as the ref had fun with his rave whistle.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â