• Ramsey (McGinn 62)
    • Durán (Watkins 62)
    • Maatsen (Digne 74)
    • Philogene (Bailey 74)
    • Nedeljković (Cash 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/24 at 22:59

Onana looks absolutely made for this team.

Maatsen is a massive upgrade on Moreno is not funny either. 

All these young guys are going to absolutely love it at Villa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

My stream just cut out as David Jones said "he's a big baby...big baby" did I dream that?

Onana said he was big baby and sky bloke repeated it at the end

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It would also be nice if people learned to have some self control. You’d think people would learn from their irrationality.

Yes but you can't control people, and they are allowed to react how they like within the guidelines.

Imo people getting on their backs looks just as bad. I'm guilty of both in the past...

I've learned to just let people do their thing...

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It is entirely in keeping with how crackers Jhon Duran is that he was pointing to the ground to say "I'm staying put" without thinking that the ground he's pointing at is West Ham's pitch.

Hedging his bets I reckon 🤣

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

We are a much better team than last year. More pace , height and aggression.

This, we wouldn't have won this game last year, our control of the game, a difficult away game, was top draw for 70% of the game. The subs made a big difference and allowed fresh legs to see the game out.

Duran has the potential to be world class.

• Like 3

Just now, tinker said:

This, we wouldn't have won this game last year, our control of the game, a difficult away game, was top draw for 70% of the game. The subs made a big difference and allowed fresh legs to see the game out.

Duran has the potential to be world class.

Unai has the quality from the bench now. He was spot on with the subs and ready to do them sooner.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The penalty is a result of the bizarre internal politics of VAR. They didn't look at the footage and make a decision based on what they could see, if they had, they'd have made a different decision.

The PGMOL has been really strong on releasing statements in the last week or so about not getting involved and they've made their decision based on supporting that position. VAR in this country and the referees association are so wrapped up in their own paranoia and anxiety that the decisions they make are as much about the decisions they made the precious week as they are about the play they're seeing in front of them. I don't think you can blame the referee today, he didn't see the touch from his viewpoint, he's made a clear and obvious error - VAR haven't corrected it because they've said they're going to try really hard not to, not because they agreed with his mistake.

Don't be at all surprised if they're making completely the other decision in a months time because someone has complained.

Day One and it's already a joke

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The penalty is a result of the bizarre internal politics of VAR. They didn't look at the footage and make a decision based on what they could see, if they had, they'd have made a different decision.

The PGMOL has been really strong on releasing statements in the last week or so about not getting involved and they've made their decision based on supporting that position. VAR in this country and the referees association are so wrapped up in their own paranoia and anxiety that the decisions they make are as much about the decisions they made the precious week as they are about the play they're seeing in front of them. I don't think you can blame the referee today, he didn't see the touch from his viewpoint, he's made a clear and obvious error - VAR haven't corrected it because they've said they're going to try really hard not to, not because they agreed with his mistake.

Don't be at all surprised if they're making completely the other decision in a months time because someone has complained.

They cannot deal with it.

Football would be immediately improved if you just got rid of penalties.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â