• Ramsey (McGinn 62)
    • Durán (Watkins 62)
    • Maatsen (Digne 74)
    • Philogene (Bailey 74)
    • Nedeljković (Cash 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/24 at 22:59

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Look at the players who didn't even get off the bench. Wow, quality just oozing from all corners of our squad. Im going to absolutely enjoy this season. 

Yes- Buendia and Barkley didn't even get game time. Loving what Onana is saying, seems a class act and keen to progress.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I don't mind suggesting the best team for the next game, I don't like the pile on of half the forum mindlessly personally attacking a player who makes a mistake. 

Apologies if your post was included by mistake but was amongst a sea of overly negative posts.

The match thread is the match thread, I wasn't piling in on him but.... people should be a little more resilient to things said live and in the heat of battle. 

We are all good mate 🙂

• Like 1

Opening 30 we were great, should have been at least two up. Soft pen got them back into it. Subs made a difference, having a deeper bench is going to make such a difference. And still have Mings and Kamara to add to it. Good pre-season run out for Ollie, looked way off it. Duran the perfect super sub.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

AVFC admin desperately trying to make up for completely ghosting JD during Copa America 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Genuinely this is the VAR reason for the penalty:

“Matty Cash gets a touch on the ball but his intention isn’t to play the ball”

Corrupt or incompetent. I don't know. Either way, that's utterly ridiculous. He was fouled in the build up too.

• Like 2

Never a pen

And apart from the last few minutes, they never looked like scoring.

We could/should have had another 2 or 3 goals

Ramsey and Duran made a difference

Youngsters on the right looked a bit nervous

Konsa and Pau very good

I thought Digne was very good, but you can understand why we bought Maatesen.

Tielemans and Onana looks very good, and we have Kamara to come into it.

We are a much better team than last year. More pace , height and aggression.

Top 4 again?..theres not many teams who will beat us.

We'll know more next wek

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Told you all you've got a player in Onana.

Concerning game Villa fully deserved the 3 points for the brilliant football they played particularly in the first half.

Also of note how more compact Villa looked with Onana in the team and the pace Villa now have without Luiz. It was the right move to sell him.

This is now Emery's team, youthful, full of skill and pace which Villa haven't had for a very long time!

Very exciting time to be a Villa supporter and shame on me for thinking West Ham would stuff Villa by three.

A lot of teams this season are going to struggle against Villa's pace and power.

Fantastic performance 👏 

I was going to give you a like for not mentioning Luiz but then I double checked. Sorry.

• Haha 3

Just now, TreeVillan said:

The only logical explanation is the assistant believed it to be the defender taking the man out and then stretching to get the slightest touch on the ball by shear chance to cover the foul. 

I assumed it was because even though he did touch the ball, it was still right there in front of Soucek and cash’s tangled legs brought him down taking away his chance to play the ball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

The sole reason I look in the match thread is for the speed of the updates. The amount of negativity is absurd and the amount of posts on officiating is just obsession. 

• Like 2

Shove your dodgy penalty up your arse!

Villa are a team in sync and we could and likely should have been out of sight by half time.

Wet Spam look like a “Gerrard” team, looking for “moments”.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The match thread is the match thread, I wasn't piling in on him but.... people should be a little more resilient to things said live and in the heat of battle. 

We are all good mate 🙂

It would also be nice if people developed some self control too. You’d think people would learn from their irrationality.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â