• Ramsey (McGinn 62)
    • Durán (Watkins 62)
    • Maatsen (Digne 74)
    • Philogene (Bailey 74)
    • Nedeljković (Cash 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/08/24 at 22:59

5 minutes ago, Amed said:

That was really really  good… don’t want to get carried away but that was probably one of the best away day performances I’ve watched 

100% - I was dreading it as well, thought it was going to be one of those draining away performances where we can't keep the ball. Completely the opposite!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Kudus really is good isn't he, dunno how west ham managed to sign him. 

Onana was just a beast today. 

Duran to just kick on and hopefully really push Watkins who looks way off.

Dixon on the commentary mentioned how he felt for Matty Cash - an hour against Kudus and then on comes fresh-legged Summerville.  I thought Cash did very well today, especially as Kudus is a very good player.  As much as he had Cash scrambling at times, he never really influenced the game in the big scheme of things.  So-called better fullbacks will struggle far more than Matty did today... 

• Like 2

Even though we should/could have had a pen if VAR intervened and they shouldn’t have had one if VAR intervened, I guess it’s at least consistent in that they just left it up to the ref 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

If I could have one Spam player, it’d be Kudus. He was immense today. Wonder if he fancies some CL footy?

Quality. Would suggest he was McGiinns heir apparent but for the fact he prefers the LHS where we are stacked. Would love him here but he’s £50+ now

Well, whilst it's only the first game, the same people who told us we were shite after the first arsenal win, that we wouldn't get Europe and that Tottenham would get 4th, united would catch us, that we'd gone backwards this summer, that our preseason was awful...

Can we all take a moment to enjoy how **** awesome we've been for ages, and how good we looked at times today even though we're a long way from felling with all the new faces etc.

Very very rosey in the villa garden, Emery and his appointments are only getting started too.

• Like 4

Love Onana already. 22 y.o., he conveys himself like Bellingham, so relaxed and confident. Smart guy.

Cash was excellent today, clearly feeling pressure. Unai takes no prisoners, this squad is on fire. Nedeljkovic did well for his cameo too, super serious operator, will go all the way, serious professional for 18

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, supermon said:

Kudus really is good isn't he, dunno how west ham managed to sign him. 

Not much end product just on today though. Let’s see over the season

• Like 2

All things considered, Cash was okay. He made some bad plays, he was also left exposed by the inactions of his teammates. Anyone who plays behind Bailey on the wing is going to have a lot of work to complete. That being said, he has to commit to the idea of running his ass off until he has no more to burn, and Kosta comes on in his stead. That's how he'll continue to start. If he doesn't do that, he won't play. Understand you may only play 60, but you'll run like it was 90'.

That being said, all of us should just take a moment and appreciate how good we have it right now. Nobody is guaranteed greatness in sport, and for us to have it right now? What a ride.

To paraphrase Shaquille O'Neal "Steve Bruce, tell me how my ass tastes?"

49 minutes ago, Xela said:

After watching that back, some of our finishing, especially in the first half was really tame. Should have been burying those chances. Will need to take our chances better v Arsenal.

54 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

“Nothing has changed” …….He still wants to move?? Pointing at the ground upon scoring…… ‘ I want to be here’??

😉 Just being mischievous….. or am I?

15 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I think Arsenal are a good 2 seasons ahead of us

It still will take some more smart windows to catch up

We are nowhere near showing their level of consistency

Arteta is winning the title without Pep there. There is no doubt about that

They may well be, but we could catch them all on the hop this  season. To be perfectly honest I was really concerned about this season looking at the buildup but after watching today’s performance, I think we can win it.

3 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

All things considered, Cash was okay. He made some bad plays, he was also left exposed by the inactions of his teammates. Anyone who plays behind Bailey on the wing is going to have a lot of work to complete. That being said, he has to commit to the idea of running his ass off until he has no more to burn, and Kosta comes on in his stead. That's how he'll continue to start. If he doesn't do that, he won't play. Understand you may only play 60, but you'll run like it was 90'.

That being said, all of us should just take a moment and appreciate how good we have it right now. Nobody is guaranteed greatness in sport, and for us to have it right now? What a ride.

To paraphrase Shaquille O'Neal "Steve Bruce, tell me how my ass tastes?"

Just watching Arsenal, we have more zip and desire, there’s the Unai revenge factor too. I reckon Unai’s got this team primed this season.

*answer to an incorrect post!

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

They may well be, but we could catch them all on the hop this  season. To be perfectly honest I was really concerned about this season looking at the buildup but after watching today’s performance, I think we can win it.

We are allowing crosses too often too easily for my liking

It was an issue last season and I saw it again today.

Defensively we shill have a lot of work to do before we can challenge Arsenal

Though I love your optimism

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mark359 said:

Even though we should/could have had a pen if VAR intervened and they shouldn’t have had one if VAR intervened, I guess it’s at least consistent in that they just left it up to the ref 🤷‍♂️

If we get a pen against Arsenal in similar circumstances it'll immediately be ruled out by VAR.

"Touch on the ball" will be given as the reason, and this will never be mentioned again.

Agree if they do just leave it to the ref it would be better, but it's just another way to rig the game.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â